Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

He wasn't sliding. He dived forward. He would have had to have been touched. 

Isn’t this the victor Cruz (I think) rule?

he was giving himself up, so the play is over. 

I remember  a WR going down to stop the play and pop up for a quick spike, he released the ball with nobody touching him but it was no fumble cause he ended the play on his own accord 

maye it should’ve been a fumble here, but it could probably be covered  under that rule 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

qbs now give themselves up with a headfirst dive

Which is an abuse of the spirit of the rule and should be amended.  It's basically saying, "Oh, I need protection because I'm vulnerable.  But I'm going to still continue to act to make myself vulnerable and not protect myself because you've told guys they can't hit me."

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This game kind of sucks for rest of NFC either way. If the Rams can't win in the dome, who the hell can? Saints will have inside track to the 1 seed. On the other side of it, if the Saints at home can't beat the Rams, who the hell can?

Winner takes all....

Unless someone slips up. Which tends to happen.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This game kind of sucks for rest of NFC either way. If the Rams can't win in the dome, who the hell can? Saints will have inside track to the 1 seed. On the other side of it, if the Saints at home can't beat the Rams, who the hell can?

so....we root for a tie?

Archived