• Patrick Mahomes
    • Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

Drew Brees will get his lifetime achievement award even though that is BS. Mahomes is playing out of his mind on the best team in the AFC; it should be a no-brainer. If Saints drop to the 2seed in the NFC it could help Mahomes. Goff should be 3rd horse in the race, but won't get the credit he deserves.

17 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Drew Brees will get his lifetime achievement award even though that is BS. Mahomes is playing out of his mind on the best team in the AFC; it should be a no-brainer. If Saints drop to the 2seed in the NFC it could help Mahomes. Goff should be 3rd horse in the race, but won't get the credit he deserves.

Drew Brees is at an efficiency level of a passer rating of 127.3 and leading what is by far the best offense in the league. Hell, he is heading what is possibly the statistically greatest offense of all time! (of course, comparing it to other seasons is a slippery slope with the pass-friendliness of this season) If Brees stays at this level and doesn't win, it's a failure of epic proportions. 

This offense is scoring a touchdown on 45% of it's drives, and 21% of their drives in field goals. two thirds of their drives are scoring drives!! And Brees is leading the way with an over 8% TD rate. 

1 minute ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Drew Brees is at an efficiency level of a passer rating of 127.3 and leading what is by far the best offense in the league. If Brees stays at this level and doesn't win, it's a failure of epic proportions. 

By far? Nahhhh chill homey. The Chiefs and Rams would have something to say about that; they are separated by 1ppg . Brees is extremely efficient and his 2 int's are what make his stat line the most appealing so I get it. But the criteria for MVP are 1. QB 2. Gawdy stats 3. Winning team (usually top 2 seed in conference).

Mahomes's team is top their conference and his stats (TDs, yards) are superior to Brees.  With Brady finally showing some sign of aging and the Pats not being the #1 seed and Aaron Rodgers not making the playoffs, the NFL will give it to Brees cause it's a feel good story and paints a great picture. I just don't agree with that approach. It should go to Mahomes cause he's going to throw for 5000 yards and 50+ TD's on the number 1 seed in his conference.

33 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If Brees keeps us his pace, he deserves MVP.  If he starts throwing picks, has bad games, or starts losing games, then he'll no longer deserve it.  If he gets it anyway at that point, then I would understand the outrage, and I would hope he wouldn't.

But despite any Brees narrative this year, he deserves it as of this moment.  Although one bad could change things.

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

By far? Nahhhh chill homey. The Chiefs and Rams would have something to say about that; they are separated by 1ppg . Brees is extremely efficient and his 2 int's are what make his stat line the most appealing so I get it. But the criteria for MVP are 1. QB 2. Gawdy stats 3. Winning team (usually top 2 seed in conference).

Mahomes's team is top their conference and his stats (TDs, yards) are superior to Brees.  With Brady finally showing some sign of aging and the Pats not being the #1 seed and Aaron Rodgers not making the playoffs, the NFL will give it to Brees cause it's a feel good story and paints a great picture. I just don't agree with that approach. It should go to Mahomes cause he's going to throw for 5000 yards and 50+ TD's on the number 1 seed in his conference.

The Brees would have 40+ TDs 4800+ yards, 3 INT, with the completion % record and QB Rating record.  Oh also on the #1 seed in his conference and not having 7 turnovers in the teams only 2 losses...

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

The Brees would have 40+ TDs 4800+ yards, 3 INT, with the completion % record and QB Rating record.  Oh also on the #1 seed in his conference and not having 7 turnovers in the teams only 2 losses...

Alvin Kamara is getting 5.18receptions per game so the checkdowns are helping the completion percentage and keeping the INT's low. Having the best rushing attack in the NFL in Kamara and Ingram is keeping his efficiency and QB rating high. What Mahomes is doing is more impressive TO ME. But I'm arguing with Saints fans so I know you guys won't budge. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Alvin Kamara is getting 5.18receptions per game so the checkdowns are helping the completion percentage and keeping the INT's low. Having the best rushing attack in the NFL in Kamara and Ingram is keeping his efficiency and QB rating high. What Mahomes is doing is more impressive TO ME. But I'm arguing with Saints fans so I know you guys won't budge. Oh well.

Yes, because Saints fans are the only ones that think Brees deserves MVP(at this moment).

You can not like Saints homers, but if you then go off and have a bias against the Saints, well that's not any better really.

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I've watched the Chiefs games, Mahomes does a lot of check downs and short passes with his WRs getting YAC.  IIRC he's leading the league in his receivers getting YAC.  Also Kelce and Hunt combine for 8.4 rpgs... but I mean Kamara has been lining up as a WR and actually running routes not just catching screens.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yes, because Saints fans are the only ones that think Brees deserves MVP(at this moment).

You can not like Saints homers, but if you then go off and have a bias against the Saints, well that's not any better really.

Tell a Saints fan his team has the best rushing attack in the league is an anti-Saints bias. Makes sense.

I just believe Mahomes is going to put up better numbers  and if both teams finish as the #1 seed I would give it to the guy who's on pace to break the NFL record for total touchdowns in a season, 2nd in NFL history for passing touchdowns in a season, and 3rd in NFL history for passing yards in a season. That is more WOW to me then a low interception number and QBR. The KC team that went 10-6 last year is going to finish 14-2 with QB being the only major change because Sammy Watkins is finally realized as nothing special.

The argument could be made that the Saints won against Minnesota and the Giants without Brees who put up very sub par numbers in both of those games with 120yards passing 1td and 1int vs Minn and 217yards 0td and 0ints vs the Giants. Those types of games can't exist in MVP seasons.

IF Dallas gets to Brees and he has game where he has multiple INTs or turnovers and they lose; the pendulum swings right back to Mahomes. The Rams game where he threw 5 picks is what gave Brees the lead in most peoples eyes; not anything Brees actually did.

I'd give it to Brees for the difference in their supporting casts.

Kamara and Thomas are both great, but I'd take Hill over Thomas easily.  I'd take Kamara over Hunt but the gap there isn't that huge. After that Brees is tossing TDs to late picks and undrafted guys while Mahomes has Kelce and Sammy Watkins.

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

I'd give it to Brees for the difference in their supporting casts.

Kamara and Thomas are both great, but I'd take Hill over Thomas easily.  I'd take Kamara over Hunt but the gap there isn't that huge. After that Brees is tossing TDs to late picks and undrafted guys while Mahomes has Kelce and Sammy Watkins.

Sure, let's not mention OL. It doesn't make any difference after all.

1 hour ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Drew Brees is at an efficiency level of a passer rating of 127.3 and leading what is by far the best offense in the league. Hell, he is heading what is possibly the statistically greatest offense of all time! (of course, comparing it to other seasons is a slippery slope with the pass-friendliness of this season) If Brees stays at this level and doesn't win, it's a failure of epic proportions. 

This offense is scoring a touchdown on 45% of it's drives, and 21% of their drives in field goals. two thirds of their drives are scoring drives!! And Brees is leading the way with an over 8% TD rate. 

Despite our disagreements in other threads recently, I must say this was well stated!

43 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Mahomes has far more screen passes than Brees, leads the league actually I believe. This take is bad and you should feel bad.

Archived