• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

6 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

cams not a real contender... he  has a ypa just a notch above 7 and during a time when elite totals in passing yards are in the 5k range hes unlikely to get to 4. he has no argument against brees or rivers, heck, gurley coud have a better case than him.

Yes he is, especially when you include his rushing stats.

6 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Just want to say Mahomes has 29 TDs right now to Brees 18. I know Brees only has one interception. But this is a TD league. Whoever has the most TDs will win MVP.

I agree it's Mahomes, but the TD leader doesn't automatically win MVP.  

I do think the TD gap is too large at the moment for Brees to get it though.

49 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yeah. Luck didn’t win the year he led the league 

wins matter more

57 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The Chiefs don't play many quality teams down the stretch. I think they probably finish 13-3 and Mahomes has the most TDs in the NFL. That combination is tough to beat.

24 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

The Chiefs don't play many quality teams down the stretch. I think they probably finish 13-3 and Mahomes has the most TDs in the NFL. That combination is tough to beat.

I do think the Chiefs finish with a better r cord than the Saints.  The worst teams the Saints play the rest of the year is Bucs and Cowboys.

Saints play Bengals, Eagles, Falcons, Steelers, Panthers twice.  It's easy to imagine Saints dropping a few games.

Just going to be another MVP caliber season that Brees likely just doesn't get it because either his defense was historically bad or there was someone that had an equally MVP caliber season but had a slightly better team record.

27 minutes ago, Raves said:

Just going to be another MVP caliber season that Brees likely just doesn't get it because either his defense was historically bad or there was someone that had an equally MVP caliber season but had a slightly better team record.

right now, mahomes clearly is having a better year. Maybe they even out as the season plays out but hes clearly #2, .

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

I do think the Chiefs finish with a better r cord than the Saints.  The worst teams the Saints play the rest of the year is Bucs and Cowboys.

Saints play Bengals, Eagles, Falcons, Steelers, Panthers twice.  It's easy to imagine Saints dropping a few games.

Dang, murderers row right there. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dang, murderers row right there. 

Saints may not even win the division with that schedule.  Everyone is talking about 1 seed and Super Bowl contenders, but it's not a sure fire bet we'll even make the playoffs.  I mean, chances are good, but there's a lot of work left to do.  

1 hour ago, Raves said:

barring them losing a ton of games or him getting hurt, I think stars are aligning to get him an MVP award...I think he'll get points his way too when it comes to voting because of it being a glaring hole in his resume...and the league likes to fix those holes when they can. Not saying he'll get handed it. But If a voter is weighing him vs those other guys..that probably comes into play.

Personally my rankings are:

1. Mahomes

2. Brees

Gap

3. Rivers

4. Gurley

5. Goff

Gap

6. Cam Newton

Dark Horses are Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Deshaun Watson. 

Matt Ryan has the stats, his team would have to finish 7-1 from here on out which isn’t likely. 

Aaron Rodgers stats maybe not the greatest but if the Packers can finish 7-1 he can win, his 4th QTR come backs have been stunning. Nobody has meant more to their team than Rodgers. 

I think Mahomes or Brees will win it though, think they are miles ahead of anyone else at the moment. Then again, we still have seven games left and anything can happen. 

45 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

right now, mahomes clearly is having a better year. Maybe they even out as the season plays out but hes clearly #2, .

The number of interceptions could start to become an issue with Mahomes.  Brees has had some phenomenal years but lost out due to his interception number.  Obviously you the stats aren't going to be perfect but if you extrapolate their stats over 16 games you have:

Mahomes: 66.2% comp 5157 yards, 48 TDs, 12 Ints, 116.7 QBR 

Brees:  76.3% comp (NFL Record), 4672 yards, 36 TDs, 2 INT, 120.6 QBR

I think that the stats are pretty close overall if they were to stay on this same pace that Brees' career accomplishments of breaking the career passing yards, the number of times he was close and maybe should've won, and also breaking Favre's TD record along with Brady could put him over Mahomes, not that Mahomes isn't also very deserving himself, it might be the Brees treatment where Ints become a deciding factor.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

barring them losing a ton of games or him getting hurt, I think stars are aligning to get him an MVP award...I think he'll get points his way too when it comes to voting because of it being a glaring hole in his resume...and the league likes to fix those holes when they can. Not saying he'll get handed it. But If a voter is weighing him vs those other guys..that probably comes into play.

That might be the case but if their stats stay on the same track, very unlikely just because especially Brees has a super hard schedule going forward, Brees isn't too far behind in stats but the biggest difference would probably be the NFL record for comp%, and although 500 yards and 12 TDs less, he would've also thrown 10 less ints.

Archived