• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

23 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Feel free to post the "troll" comments I made. Or, if it's not in there, point us to the thread and comments where I was trolling before the game. I'll wait.

I like arguing with you; however, I owe you a true apology regarding this statement. It was the El ramster guy that came in hot and acting foolish, not you, my bad. He actually owned up to his wager in the end.

I'll continue to argue when I see fit, but this one's on me.

2 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I like arguing with you; however, I owe you a true apology regarding this statement. It was the El ramster guy that came in hot and acting foolish, not you, my bad. He actually owned up to his wager in the end.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, tyler735 said:

While I think Hunt is a beast as you mentioned. It isn't an apples to apples comparison with Charles. Charles had Larry Johnson ahead of him when he came into the league. It was clear that Charles was the better RB, but Larry Johnson was still viewed as their bell cow. Charles in his 2nd season was able to get more of a full workload and averaged 5.9 ypc (first season as a starter), and then followed it up with 6.4 ypc in his (2nd season as a starter). Unfortunately for Charles, he had a couple knee injuries in his career. Had he not, I think he had Hall Of Fame potential.

Well this aged very interestingly. I'm betting more people are ranking Jamaal Charles over Hunt now as Chiefs RBs lol

21 hours ago, Chiefer said:
22 hours ago, Raves said:

Or we could have gone from Edgerrin James to Joseph Addai....

Or you could've gone from Jamaal Charles to Kareem Hunt

1) oooooooof, this aged poorly. 

2) the basketball analogies need to stop. I don't get it. How many TDs would lebron score? Can Mahomes dunk? What are we doing? @Raves and @jrry32 i think are culprits. I don't care who started it, you're both guilty. take that ish to basketballsfuture.com

3) Mahomes, Brees, Gurley, Goff and Luck (if they make the playoffs) will all get MVP votes when it's all said and done. Obviously I can't predict the winner right now. I still think it's Mahomes or Brees. Don't think the voters and fans really care about 4th quarter comebacks of Goff, why you down late so often in the first place Goff? That's no MVP move. (Yes obviously I know it's not that cut and dry, it's a joke, but I don't think the 4QCs are what gets the votes, he's gonna need to close the gap with some huge games)

4) Bunch of you guys need to learn when stuff is hyperbole, when it's a joke, and when it's trolling. People responding to everything as if it's meant to be taken literally and at face value makes me want to shut down FF. I know a guy. I'll do it. 

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I want all the smoke. 

26 minutes ago, Dome said:

2) the basketball analogies need to stop. I don't get it. How many TDs would lebron score? Can Mahomes dunk? What are we doing? @Raves and @jrry32 i think are culprits. I don't care who started it, you're both guilty. take that ish to basketballsfuture.com

3) Mahomes, Brees, Gurley, Goff and Luck (if they make the playoffs) will all get MVP votes when it's all said and done. Obviously I can't predict the winner right now. I still think it's Mahomes or Brees. Don't think the voters and fans really care about 4th quarter comebacks of Goff, why you down late so often in the first place Goff? That's no MVP move. (Yes obviously I know it's not that cut and dry, it's a joke, but I don't think the 4QCs are what gets the votes, he's gonna need to close the gap with some huge games)

4) Bunch of you guys need to learn when stuff is hyperbole, when it's a joke, and when it's trolling. People responding to everything as if it's meant to be taken literally and at face value makes me want to shut down FF. I know a guy. I'll do it. 

Regarding point number 2:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I never made them and only tried to point out how they aren't close to being the same.

37 minutes ago, Raves said:

I never made them and only tried to point out how they aren't close to being the same.

I already said you’re both guilty. It would look bad if I let you off now. It would ruin my reputation.

Appeal denied. Judgement has been made. 

1 hour ago, Destructo Spin said:

Starting to think Goff could sneak into this convo. However the Rams would have to go 15-1 and beat the Bears in Chicago. And Brees would have to have another bad game. But it could happen.

As it stands I think Mahomes is the guy to beat so I think Brees having a bad game is irrelevant. 

23 hours ago, Dome said:

4th quarter comebacks are important because it shows how clutch the QB is. Goff isn’t the reason why the Rams are down everyone knows the defense inability to stop teams have the Rams in shootouts where Goff has to lead them back like he did against the Vikings, at Seahawks, Packers, and the Chiefs. Goff hasn’t thrown a 4th quarter interception all season. Can’t say the same for Mahomes or Brees. As someone stated, Goff is quietly sneaking up on Mahomes and Brees. On two primetime games Brees passed for less than 200yds. On two primetime games Mahomes turned the ball over a combined 7 times. On three primetime games, Goff has only 2 fumbles, no interceptions, won every time and his greatest games against the Vikings and Chiefs people actually saw. Like the voters make a big deal about those stand alone games on TNF, SNF, and MNF and Goff best games of his career came on TNF and MNF this season when everyone was watching. So if Goff continues to play well and the Rams lock up the 1 seed and finish 15-1 don’t count him out as the MVP. 

Goff's MVP campaign starts today (yes that's somewhat of a joke). Brees' performance and Saints loss opened the door. If Goff throws 4TDS and 350+yards in each of the next 5 games I think its his. Yes, that is very lofty expectations, but that what it will take for him to win and he is capable of it. Rams have incentive to play their starters the rest of the season to get Home Field advantage throughout so that is also a motivating factor. Need Gurley to not have any crazy 200 yard 3TD games or highlight reel plays to detract from Goff also.

Hunt getting cut will give Mahomes the opportunity to show it's really his trophy though. If they don't miss a beat in Hunt's absence then Mahomes has it locked up.

Archived