Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

Been visiting this site for a few years now from afar, figured it was about time I participated in the discussions.

Your life
Username: MillerLite47
State you were born in: Wisconsin
State you live in now: Very recently moved to Cincinnati but grew up in Dallas
Something unique about you: Can ride a Unicycle

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Birth
What made you become a fan: Dad is a season ticket holder, made sure to me to a game every year while living in Dallas.
Favorite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, Bahktiari, Kenny Clark
All-time favorite Packers: Rodgers, Driver, James Jones, Ahman Green
Favorite moment in team history: Got to attend Super Bowl XLV in Dallas

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Oklahoma State Sports, OKC Thunder, Texas Rangers
Hobbies outside of football: Golf, Basketball, Fitness, Beer
Favorite movie: Coach Carter
Favorite TV Show:  Law & Order SVU
Favorite band: Migos

• Like 1

Your life

Username: Gopher Trace. I’m also at PN(dot)net as Charon21. IRL I’m named Firas. I used to be a user at olde FF too, but... we don’t speak of it. =p
Born in: Milwaukee, WI
Live in now: “Greater Milwaukee” area.
Something unique about you: I met LeRoy Butler at a family friend's graduation party. I chatted him a bit, got a picture taken with him and have his autograph. I was also at the last game of his NFL career, which sadly was also a loss (the only game I attended where they lost; they’re 4-1 when I’m there). Yeah, he's good people.

Your love of the Packers

When did you start following the Packers: I was 7 when we won the SuperBowl with Favre but did not appreciate the game until about 2000 when I was 10.
What made you become a fan: growing up in Packerland where the enthusiasm for our team is contagious, and Favre was just so much fun to watch, how could I not!?
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers, Haha, Mike Daniels. Davante Adams, Aaron Jones, and Blake Martinez really won me over last season.
All-time favorite Packers: OH YOU BETTAH BEREEV I’M GOING TO LIST EVERY SINGLE ONE!! Rodgers, Favre, Ahman Green, Ryan Grant, DD, Jordy Nelson, TJ Lang, Bryan Bulaga, David Bakhtiari, Mike McKenzie, Woodson, T-Will, 31theDirtyOne, Nick Collins, Barnett, CM3, William Henderson, Aaron Kampman, GJ85 (you know, before he became a diva) .... I should really say Butler too given my history with him LOL but I did not truly appreciate safety play at the time, so it’d be a lie. I respect him for what he is, though.
Favorite moment in team history: when we BTFO’d Atlanta in our SuperBowl run (somehow that game was more satisfying than the actual Championship). Beating the Pats in 2014 was also an awesome game; it was SuperBowl-like -- played amazingly from start to finish.

Your interests

Other favorite teams: meh, I don’t care about other sports. When the Packers are out of contention, I typically pull for Pitt and New England (pls no bully) the rest of the way.
Hobbies outside of football: music/concert-going, writing, watching documentaries, travel, trying new food and drink, and various "activist" pursuits.
Favorite movie: Malcolm X.
Favorite TV Show: The Great British Bake Off. Love It Or List It. (Aside from football games, I basically never watch TV, but those are the kinds of shows I watch when I do).
Favorite band: I have a new infatuation every few months. 'Currently on a big Red Sun Rising kick. All-time? I’m never “not in the mood” to listen to: Rush, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, ‘Crue.

Cheers!

I just came over here. Had been a longtime poster on PackerChatters almost since its inception. Bummed it ended, but glad to have found this site. Thanks for having me!

Your life
Username: DWhitehurst

State you were born in: Wi-SKON-zn (Grew up in Brookfield)

State you live in now: Colorado (Greeley area)

Something unique about you: I have lived/studied/taught in several different countries in addition to USA (Canada, England, Germany, Sierre Leonne). 

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers:

Been a fan since the moment of conception. :) Fondest memories of my teens/early twenties was watching my favorite player, Safety Chuck Cecil, spearing several running backs (guy was either fearless or crazy...no, he was just crazy), watching in amazement at the YAC ability of Sterling Sharpe (Choo Choo Baby!), the Majik to Sharpe connection game in like 1988 when they finally beat the Bears, Favre coming in for an injured Majkowski to beat the Saints, and then starting his record playing streak...Favre's game against Oakland after his dad died...

What made you become a fan: Born to Sconny parents. Kinda automatic you're a Packer fan.

Favorite current Packers: Lenzy Pipkins (because someones gotta be)

All-time favorite Packers: Chuck Cecil, James Lofton, Paul Ott Carruth, David Whitehurst :),  Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, Leroy Butler, Tim "Alien" Harris, Gilbert "GraveDigger" Brown, KGB, Ahman "Batman" Green, Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, Brian Urlacher (ok, he was a Bear, but I wish he would've been a Packer), and, ok, Brett Favre but with a slowly fading asterisk * (I'm admittedly still a bit sore about Favre but time heals.) 

Favorite moment in team history: So many, but probably 2010 Super Bowl.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Bucks/Brewers/Badgers; Toronto Maple Leafs/Arsenal FC

Hobbies outside of football: Lifting, Skiing, Flyfishing, Mountain Biking, Saltwater Aquariums, Coffee roasting, Single Malt Scotch, Cigars, All things Scottish, Game of Thrones theories...

Favorite movies: Highlander, Blade Runner, Dead Poets Society, Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart, Big Lebowski, Semi-Pro, The Dark Knight, Tron Legacy 

Favorite TV Shows:  Northern Exposure; The Office; Fargo; Downton Abbey (with the wife); and above all else....Game of Thrones (without the wife)

Favorite bands: Anything from old rock (Zeppelin, Stones, AC/DC, etc.) to Metal (Metallica, The Ministry, Volbeat, Static-X, etc.) to Alternative (Radiohead, Arcade Fire, etc.) to Folksy (Ray LaMontagne, Mumford and Sons, etc.) to Classical (J.S. Bach especially). Sorry, not into much Rap, Hip Hop, or Country to list anyone. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

Your life
Username: Lieker
State you were born in: MN
State you live in now: WI
Something unique about you: I have a twin brother who posts on here as well. @Bieker1

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Ever since I can remember.
What made you become a fan: Mom grew up a couple blocks from Lambeau Field.
Favorite current Packers: Davante Adams, David Bakhtiari, Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Kevin King, Josh Jones.
All-time favorite Packers: Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Bill Schroeder, Greg Jennings.
Favorite moment in team history: Our most recent Super Bowl victory.

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Wild, Wisconsin Badgers,.
Hobbies outside of football: Running, Marathons, Hiking, National Parks, Craft beer, Fantasy Sports, Sports.
Favorite movie: Lord of the Rings, Dumb and Dumber.
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones, Deadwood, Stranger Things, Futurama, The Office.
Favorite band: Folk, Bluegrass, Classic Rock, Chris Stapleton.

• 2 weeks later...

Your life
Username: Spidey
State you live in now: Wisconsin
Something unique about you: Not really unique.  But proud season ticket holder

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: Pretty much birth
What made you become a fan: Whole family including those displaced into other states are Packers fans
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers, Josh Jones
All-time favorite Packers: Favre, Reggie, Butler, Driver, Jordy, Ahman Green, Rodgers
Favorite moment in team history: Super Bowl 31 cause I was a child and first Super Bowl I was alive for.  Super Bowl 45 was more fun being of age though :)

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Badgers, Brewers, Bucks, and Avalanche
Hobbies outside of football: Gaming, web/software engineering
Favorite movie: Shawshank, Most things Marvel
Favorite TV Show: Rick and Morty, GoT
Favorite band: Avenged Sevenfold

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

Your life
Username: VK
State you were born in: Basque Country, Spain
State you live in now: Basque Country, Spain
Something unique about you: First place to visit in the US was Wisconsin

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 2005
What made you become a fan: I met Favre in a Golf Club in 2005 when I was 16, since then I'm a fan.
Favorite current Packers: Bakhtiari, HHCD
All-time favorite Packers: Favre, Nelson
Favorite moment in team history: Dez's no catch (the only friend I got who watches NFL is a Cowboy fan)

Your interests

Other favorite teams: Athletic Club Bilbao, Brewers, Bucks
Hobbies outside of football: Jazz and Noise Music
Favorite movie: Freddy Got Fingered
Favorite TV Show: Leftovers
Favorite band: **** and Shine

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Your life
Username: Ragnar Danneskjold
Something unique about you: Nothing, just an average guy

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: mid 60's
What made you become a fan: Watching games with my family as a little kid
Favorite current Packers: Kenny Clark
All-time favorite Packers: Bart Starr, Willie Wood, Dave Robinson, Ray Nitschke, John Brockington
Favorite moment in team history: Ice Bowl Win

Your interests

Other favorite teams: Cubs, Blackhawks, Bucks, any Badger team
Hobbies outside of football: Golf, Swimming
Favorite movie: Gladiator
Favorite TV Show: Survivor
Favorite band: Pink Floyd

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Your life
Username: Ragnar Danneskjold
Something unique about you: Nothing, just an average guy

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: mid 60's
What made you become a fan: Watching games with my family as a little kid
Favorite current Packers: Kenny Clark
All-time favorite Packers: Bart Starr, Willie Wood, Dave Robinson, Ray Nitschke, John Brockington
Favorite moment in team history: Ice Bowl Win

Your interests

Other favorite teams: Cubs, Blackhawks, Bucks, any Badger team
Hobbies outside of football: Golf, Swimming
Favorite movie: Gladiator
Favorite band: Pink Floyd

Does your Username have any significance?

33 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

No, none at all.  Just an anonymous user name taken from a character in a book.   No real significant implications to the choice though.

Now that you've been using for awhile.....if given a second choice, would you pick the same one (?) or choose another - and why? :)

On 5/26/2018 at 10:18 AM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

never watched the show until this year, but one of my main homies Sebastian was on there on this year, so I was keeping up with it too. welcome man and appreciate you saying there's nothing unique about you, that's how I know you're a good guy! 

Your life
Username: brooks1957
State you were born in: OH-IO!
State you live in now: Ohio
Something unique about you: really? LOL

Your love of the Packers
When did you start following the Packers: 1965
What made you become a fan: my uncle
Favorite current Packers: Rodgers
All-time favorite Packers: Favre, Jimmy Taylor, Bart Starr
Favorite moment in team history: Ice Bowl 1967, Favre on Monday night in Oakland

Your interests
Other favorite teams: Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians
Hobbies outside of football: Barbecuing
Favorite movie: Rudy
Favorite TV Show: MASH, Quantum Leap
Favorite band: Led Zepplin

I have been a womb to the tomb Browns fan all my life - but I am also an NFL fan. When I was a lad of 8 years old, my uncle came over to the house and we watched the 1965 Championship Game where the Packers beat the Browns. Had a blast that day, and the die was cast. I loved those two teams. Love the iconic look of the Packer uniform. My sister in law is a Green Bay native, and obviously a crazy Packer fan.

• Like 1