Lions @ Bears GDT

WindyCity

22 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

This is probably the most important game of the season so far, given what losing it would mean for the Bears playoff hopes.

I picture the Lions really wanting to spoil the Bears, and this will be a nasty game

Still expect the Bears win, but closely, costly and badly.  20-17 Bears, Trubisky throws 2int, a d like 6 player gets hurt, Jordan Howard saves the day.

Dammit stop jinxing it man. Weren't you the same guy who predicted that there would be a big injury before the Jets game and then Long got hurt?  Better go knock on wood.

I believe the Bears only beat the Lions once in John Fox's 3 years as head coach.  That all changes this Sunday because this isn't the same Bears team of years past.  Lions are clearly on a down trend and are banged up.  Also, playing the second game of a consecutive road games usually doesn't bode well for the visiting team.  I can't see Bears losing this one with both Arob and Mack coming back.

22 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

@WindyCity 

He was very good in the Packers game. Was not as good against Seattle but still played well. 

I'll give you 16:02 and 17:52 , but the other two were both on Kush.

Result of the play doesn't matter.

Kush getting beat worse doesn't excuse that he misses his assignment as well.

He may have been okay against GB and Seattle, I have been focused on more recent games. He has been brutal in the last 4 games.

18 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

@dll2000

You can hype up Damon Harrison all you want, and there's no question that he is a good player, but let's not make him out to be Haloti Ngata in his prime. The Lions are second worst in the NFL against the run, and Harrison was supposed to help that. Instead, they've given up 136 and 176 yards on the ground in the two games Harrison has played in Honolulu Blue.

I'm assuming that has a lot to do with the Lions LB trio being pathetic. They couldn't tackle me.

He is greatest player of all time!!!

I didn’t mean to over hype him. But he is good. Or looked good in plays I watched. There are 11 guys on defense, a 350 lb. NT only plays about 60% of snaps, typically isn’t as good in 2nd halves and you can only influence game so much from NT position anyway. 

Reminds me of another dude they used to have. Jerry Ball I think his name was. 

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He is greatest player of all time!!!

I didn’t mean to over hype him. But he is good. Or looked good in plays I watched. There are 11 guys on defense, a 350 lb. NT only plays about 60% of snaps, typically isn’t as good in 2nd halves and you can only influence game so much from NT position anyway. 

Reminds me of another dude they used to have. Jerry Ball I think his name was. 

Snacks is really freaking good and he's only been there a couple weeks. It'll be tough moving that dude, especially with Kush at RG.

Big thing is that Oline did about as bad as you can possibly do last week against stunts and overloads.  They looked little league. In straight blocking they did okay mostly.

Fangio please have noticed. 

If he did my bold prediction is Floyd gets a sack on a stunt.  

27 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

They just got him? I didn’t know that. 

Yep, traded for him. That run defense wasn't awful against the Vikings:

Cook: 9 rushes for 19 yards, then ripped 1 for 70

Murray: 10 for 31

Thielen: 1 for 5

Cousins: 2 for 3

That's 2.6 yards per clip if you consider that 70 yard burst an aberration. I'm not expecting smooth sailing in the run game, hoping for it though.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Feel really bad for Langs backup, wish Slay was playing, bc I have a feeling Nagy is going to give Mitch a monster game this week after the Lombardi and Barnwell stuff.  Also Johnson and Ansah are also qusetionable

I don’t get to read a lot besides on here or know where they said it, do you have a source for me to see what they said. 

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I don’t get to read a lot besides on here or know where they said it, do you have a source for me to see what they said. 

Barnwell called Mitch "the NFC North Blake Bortles". Lombardi said the Bears are overrated and simply a beneficiary of a soft schedule and that Mitch can't even throw the ball in bounds half the time. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/nfl-writer-goes-hard-mitchell-trubisky-bears-he-cant-throw-ball-inbounds-half-time

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/mitch-trubisky-criticism-tarik-cohen-michael-lombardi-bill-barnwell/

Archived