Week 10 - New England (7-2) @ Tennessee (4-4) - We are on to Nashville

SBLIII

Just now, Starless said:

Do you actually watch football, or...?

Do you always ask dumb questions or ...? Yes, I watch football. That's how I know he's average. Look at the stat sheet all you want, watching him play lets me know all I need to.

3 hours ago, everlong said:

Yeah, count me on the worried about Tom train. He's been very ho-hum this season.

You only come around when things are bad and it is always to stoke the flame of the team being bad and heading in the wrong direction etc etc. 

Liked Dion here but TN had/has wayyyyyyyyyyy more cap than us.  I don't think I'd have gave him his current contract either.  Played 1 full season, and just under half of 2 others.  I really don't get what his beef is.  Not to mention our method a) brought him to the team and b) he's got a ring, c) has netted 2 decades of success.  If was going to retain anyone it would have been Amendola.

20 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Seems like a small thing, in the context of getting your butt kicked, but not a single touch on offense for Patterson? After such a good game last week that's just backwards. Speaks to the tunnel vision they had all day. Force feeding a WR with a damaged hand, against a good pass D, was borderline insane.

Brady was locked in on White, Edelman and Gordon all day. The biggest tell that he's uncomfortable is when he locks on.

He really did look like a sack of crap out there yesterday. Hope it was just a phase and he'll be TB again.

Brady has  looked mediocre at times this season, but even moreso, to me at times he has looked apathetic. And to be honest, I can't blame him. His top pass-catcher this year is James White. He doesn't have many quality targets this year, and the team has put up 30+ in games with Patterson at RB and Gronk not playing. Their top WR this year is a guy who couldn't get on the field for the Browns. Edelman missed four games, Gronk has missed three and often hasn't looked great when he was out there. Belichick has done a poor job replenishing the losses of Lewis, Amendola and Cooks. That was 3 of the top 4 in yds/scrimmage players last year. This year it's White, Michel, Gordon and Edelman - and only one of them has been on the field for all 10 games. To be honest, it's amazing that they're putting up 28ppg - good for 7th in the league - with the lack of offensive talent they have.

While Brady is certainly in decline, I think Belichick deserves more of the blame for their stinkers this year. Yes, I get it, they're 7-3 and everything is relative. And after the bye, they'll probably destroy the Jets and end up finishing something like 12-4. But I truly don't see this team rounding into good enough form to beat a squad like KC @ KC, especially if KC's defense improves just a smidge.

Adam Schefter
"Patriots’ WR Julian Edelman’s ankle injury is not considered serious and
he's not expected miss much, if any, time, per source. Edelman will be
monitored, but outlook for now appears positive"

Well that's good to hear going into the bye

The most recent - and reassuring - model for this game is last year's MNF against the Dolphins.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/game?gameId=400951696

Apparently it ended 27-20 (I remember it being a lot more of beatdown than that), but it was a very similar game. The offense misfired all day. Brady was off, and his on target throws were dropped.

They rebounded from that. They can rebound from this.

Archived