Is Philip Rivers a HOF’er

lancerman

Is Philip Rivers a HOF’er  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will he make the HOF

He's one of the better QBs of our generation but that's it. He isn't one of the best players of all time. Game is on the line I feel like he'd throw a pick before  TD.

I could see him getting in way down the line. But right now there's so many players more deserving that should be in ahead of him. As others said, he'll sneak in like Curtis Martin and others.

There are very few quarterbacks who have been better than Rivers from 2006-now.

Brady, Brees, PManning, Favre if we include him, Rodgers, possibly Ben. Anyone else? 

All of those guys are locks for the HOF. If Rivers misses out he will be the best QB of the last 20 years to not make the HOF and possibly the last 30+ years. If he doesn't get a ring, he will go down as the 2nd best QB without a ring after Marino? (Im not that familiar with the NFL pre 2000s so correct me if I'm wrong).

I hope he gets the championship he deserves and cements his status.

Sure I'm bias as a Charger fan but I'm 100% happy we ended up with him in '04.

Take away the organisations they were drafted into. On pure QB play it goes Rivers > Ben > Eli

42 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

winning the superbowl doesnt mean he wasnt bad his whole career 

Winning them the way he did played a big part in it. He beat quite possibly the greatest team in NFL history when no one gave them a snowballs chance in hell. He beat the GOAT twice on the biggest stage of them all. I know he obviously did it with help but I think that has to play a big role in that

I think the people voting no don’t realize how different standards are for QBs compared to most other positions. He will have eight pro bowls by the end of this season and likely ten by the time he retires. If he retires top five in yards and touchdowns, top ten in wins, with ten pro bowl appearances, has seven playoff appeances, and the second longest start streak in history he is a shoe in at his position.

3 hours ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

If he doesn't get a ring, he will go down as the 2nd best QB without a ring after Marino?

I don't know if I'd say 2nd best. Here's a list of some of QBs to never win a ring:

Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Frank Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Boomer Esiason, Sonny Jurgensen, Tony Romo, Doug Flutie, Jay Cutler, Archie Manning, Rich Gannon, Otto Graham, and Drew Bledsoe among many others.

2 hours ago, King Joffrey said:

The way I see it, you either put him and Eli both in or you don't put either in.  Rivers is obviously better but didn't have a SB run.

If not for a torn ACL and a team decimated by injury, i believe he would have one. They lost to the Pats in Foxboro by 9 with Rivers and Gates on one leg and no LT plus Hardwick and Merriman were hurt.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Winning them the way he did played a big part in it. He beat quite possibly the greatest team in NFL history when no one gave them a snowballs chance in hell. He beat the GOAT twice on the biggest stage of them all. I know he obviously did it with help but I think that has to play a big role in that

his teams scored 20 and 17 in those games not exactly great offensive performances. 

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't know if I'd say 2nd best. Here's a list of some of QBs to never win a ring:

Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Frank Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Boomer Esiason, Sonny Jurgensen, Tony Romo, Doug Flutie, Jay Cutler, Archie Manning, Rich Gannon, Otto Graham, and Drew Bledsoe among many others.

xD Cutler

Kelly, Tarkenton and Fouts I think are the only guys you can make a case for.

So maybe we'll go with top 5 for now. 

He's got 3-4 years left to cement his place so I think it's all about how he ends his career.

Archived