Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

6 hours ago, sp6488 said:

On that note, I think we are going to scheme serious mismatches that put defenses in no-win situations.  It all starts with Lamar, but then I think our TE group is the next most important differentiator in that mix.  Hurst, Boyle and Andrews are going to give us the versatility to either run with 2 TE sets with 2 runners (QB and HB) or split them out wide for a 4 WR/TE look.  If a defense adds extra DBs, they might get run over, if they keep 7 up front, then they might get lit up in the passing game.

Unless a team like the Chargers just runs Dollar all game long and shuts us down lol 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Unless a team like the Chargers just runs Dollar all game long and shuts us down lol 

The O-line needs to do its job and we should be able to roll right through that look. The Patriots wrecked that same look on the ground. Tom Brady didn't even have to throw a pass and they would have won that game.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 7:59 PM, wackywabbit said:

The O-line needs to do its job and we should be able to roll right through that look. The Patriots wrecked that same look on the ground. Tom Brady didn't even have to throw a pass and they would have won that game.

This. Scheme had barely anything to do with it IMO. Our OL just got whooped up and down the field all day.

On 7/28/2019 at 5:04 AM, DreamKid said:

Been running RPO's and lead options with Lamar all weekend in Madden and can also confirm it's fun as hell. Only problem is Lamar fumbles every time he gets touched. Hollywood is a glitch too with 97 speed. It's also very strange to be playing with a Ravens defense that's really not that talented in the front 7, either. Our best pass rusher according to the stats in Madden is Pernell McPhee.

• Like 1

Barring injuries, I can’t see a reason to keep 4 runningbacks when neither of them are special teamers. Our 4th runner is essentially Lamar, so in my opinion there are not enough snaps to go around.

Dixon ran great last year, but that was one stretch in a 3 year period. He is still one suspension away from a long time in the shadow and there are still some injury concerns. If the Zeke thing keep on going, Dixon would be a great option for the Cowboys as he can both run and catch in their system.

I really like what I see from Antoine Wesley. A somehow forgotten tall man in a heavy tall WR group in the draft, there seems to be very little to not like about him as a draft profile. When he got the chance to play he made the most of it, apparently great great character and no off field concerns, great hands, great runblocker, decent enough speed and excellent at tracking and adjusting to the football – exactly what many thought was the type of wide receiver Lamar Jackson needed.

The only negative thing I can see about him is one-year-production, a limited route tree and he has to learn to release against press man coverage. That is basically the least concerns about a prospect, as all three issues is something which can be learned.

Now despite being a fan of Wesley, and Jaleel Scott apparently playing well in TC, I really really want to see Lasley making the team. He is really talented and our second best YAC player. While his hands seems a concern, his carelessness (is that a word?) combined with being really focused when on the field should be a guarantee that the moment will never be to big for him.

With all the talk about the Ravens running the ball on 50-60 percent of all plays, I could see us go with with 7 receivers with Scott, Lasley and Wesley all making the team. This would push Seth Roberts out, but I can’t really see what he can contribute with, that the others can’t. Boykin, Wesley and Scott are all true outside wide receivers and with them we have a potentially great red zone offense who can both run block or go high point the football.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danand said:

Barring injuries, I can’t see a reason to keep 4 runningbacks when neither of them are special teamers. Our 4th runner is essentially Lamar, so in my opinion there are not enough snaps to go around.

Dixon ran great last year, but that was one stretch in a 3 year period. He is still one suspension away from a long time in the shadow and there are still some injury concerns. If the Zeke thing keep on going, Dixon would be a great option for the Cowboys as he can both run and catch in their system.

I really like what I see from Antoine Wesley. A somehow forgotten tall man in a heavy tall WR group in the draft, there seems to be very little to not like about him as a draft profile. When he got the chance to play he made the most of it, apparently great great character and no off field concerns, great hands, great runblocker, decent enough speed and excellent at tracking and adjusting to the football – exactly what many thought was the type of wide receiver Lamar Jackson needed.

The only negative thing I can see about him is one-year-production, a limited route tree and he has to learn to release against press man coverage. That is basically the least concerns about a prospect, as all three issues is something which can be learned.

Now despite being a fan of Wesley, and Jaleel Scott apparently playing well in TC, I really really want to see Lasley making the team. He is really talented and our second best YAC player. While his hands seems a concern, his carelessness (is that a word?) combined with being really focused when on the field should be a guarantee that the moment will never be to big for him.

With all the talk about the Ravens running the ball on 50-60 percent of all plays, I could see us go with with 7 receivers with Scott, Lasley and Wesley all making the team. This would push Seth Roberts out, but I can’t really see what he can contribute with, that the others can’t. Boykin, Wesley and Scott are all true outside wide receivers and with them we have a potentially great red zone offense who can both run block or go high point the football.

welp, so much for Lasley making the team lol

I don't think we go 7 WR's. Chances are we're going to flex our TE's out wide a few times so 5 WR's seems to be an ideal number to go with 3 RB's (Ingram, Gus and Justice Hill IMHO).

Ingram and Gus as your bell cows and Justice as the home run change-of-pace guy.

At WR we have: Hollywood, Snead, Roberts, Moore and Boykin. I could potentially see us keeping Wesley/Scott on the practice squad if no other team swipes Wesley from us.

38 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I won't be surprised if he changes to #26 once Canady is gone.

Me either. I remember watching Reuben Foster cut ups and seeing #26 flying around wrecking guys, turned out to be none other than young Marlon Humphrey. It's a good number for him. Also it was his father's number, in college and the pros. 

The Marlon number saga marches on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Me either. I remember watching Reuben Foster cut ups and seeing #26 flying around wrecking guys, turned out to be none other than young Marlon Humphrey. It's a good number for him. Also it was his father's number, in college and the pros. 

The Marlon number saga marches on.

Yeah I really hope he ditches 44. It's not a good number.