Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Boldin retires as a Raven. Add him to the long list of club imports that have chosen to do so. He says it himself in this clip, just a perfect match for us on every level and a dominant weapon for Flacco when we needed him the most. A Ravens' legend, no debate. Put em up for Q. One of the hardest to ever wear Purple & Black.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Boldin retires as a Raven. Add him to the long list of club imports that have chosen to do so. He says it himself in this clip, just a perfect match for us on every level and a dominant weapon for Flacco when we needed him the most. A Ravens' legend, no debate. Put em up for Q. One of the hardest to ever wear Purple & Black.

Makes me emotional to watch that clip. He was a guy I always wanted to see in Purple and it actually happened. Glad he won a championship with us. All class player and human. Proud he retired a Raven 👊🏼

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing this. I think this means a lot more than casual/national observers realizes. Seeing guys like Boldin and Willis McGahee, who could have EASILY chosen other teams to sign off with, pick us. It's says a lot about this franchise. Boldin was one I was worried about, given his exit, but I'm glad he came back home.

If you're trying to sell the Ravens to a player you bring up stuff like this.... AND you bring up that stat about how we have an undrafted player make the team XX years in a row... AND you bring up how (by a wide margin) more players on an NFL roster in 2019 week 1 started their career with the Ravens than any other team... AND that comp pick title that we all talk about, what it really means is that players on the Ravens end up getting PAID $$$$$.

This is all essential stuff for establishing ourselves as TOP-tier organization despite playing in a market that, let's face it, doesn't even cover most of the "huge" state of Maryland.

• Like 3

I just caught up on the Browns game. Baker Mayfield is BAD, man. The fact that we aren't openly trolling the Browns subforum (like they did during the great 2-2 achievement), shows great restraint on our part. 

After all the -ish they talked about Lamar in the offseason... the fact that Lamar is ALREADY a much better QB (and 2 years younger) is hilarious.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Like I said after week 2 when Ben got hurt and the Steelers were 0-2, Pittsburgh is STILL the biggest threat in the AFC North. That was a quality win we got last week.

Not that this can't be a true statement, but this same Chargers team lost to the Broncos last week. They are not close to a good team at the moment. 

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I just caught up on the Browns game. Baker Mayfield is BAD, man. The fact that we aren't openly trolling the Browns subforum (like they did during the great 2-2 achievement), shows great restraint on our part. 

After all the -ish they talked about Lamar in the offseason... the fact that Lamar is ALREADY a much better QB (and 2 years younger) is hilarious.

Why would we though? Every one of those guys that pulled that crap live pretty miserable lives if they get off on trolling in a football forum. 

We'll see them in Cleveland and see how we fair. 

Mayfield is awful and they know it. All of the off season ish talk makes it all that much sweeter. Love their collapse. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not that this can't be a true statement, but this same Chargers team lost to the Broncos last week. They are not close to a good team at the moment. 

This is classic Charger ball. They play lights out some weeks and some weeks they lay an absolute egg. They'll go in a run soon. 

Favorite Boldin moment is his catch against the Patriots in the Superbowl run when he looked down at the CB, pointing and laughing. Man, what a time to be alive! He's not my favorite Ravens WR, but he's definitely top 3.

And what's the deal with Ben10 Powers? Is he hurt? Is he not ready?