Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Hello everybody. My girlfriend surprised me with tickets to watch the ravens game in Heinz Field this week and I was wondering if anyone here has gone to Heinz Field so I can know what to expect. Should I wear my ravens jersey or would that potentially make the experience to unbearable with the crowd. now I don't mind the trash talk and I'm not obnoxious in any way but I don't want my girlfriend to feel uncomfortable. Any advice would be appreciated thank you!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, santiagomn8 said:

Should I wear my ravens jersey or would that potentially make the experience to unbearable with the crowd. now I don't mind the trash talk and I'm not obnoxious in any way but I don't want my girlfriend to feel uncomfortable. Any advice would be appreciated thank you!

I live in Cali and have attended multiple Ravens' Road games here. I've worn the colors multiple times, but not jerseys. Never really had any true issues. For context though, I'm a decently big guy (only 6'3 but large frame) and my friends/family that came with me are in the same realm. I'm 100% sure that's played a role in my "ease of experience", as I've seen less 'problematic' targets like old men and young kids/women get pelted with drinks and food when wearing Ravens' gear. That was in Raider stadium though, the crowds there are unlike any others I've seen. 

I can't speak to what kind of crowd you're likely to encounter, but I suggest just going dressed normally. Especially since you'll be with your significant other. Why invite the chance of harassment, you know? Cause even something that might seem tame to you, could be unnerving for her. So I recommend wearing non attention grabbing stuff. Good luck and have fun, let's hope for a dominant win.

Edited by DreamKid

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Any run stuffing DT, basically:

Sheldon Richardson

Damon Harrison

Kenny Clark

Linval Joseph

Vita Vea

Sheldon Richardson is less than 300 lbs, and he plays DE in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3. You can't really compare him to B-Will in terms of what they do. 

Damon Harrison I'll say is pretty comparable, and he gets paid $11 million per year. 

Kenny Clark has not yet signed a FA deal, how much will he make on the open market as a FA? 1st round pick. 

Linval Joseph is a 4-3 DT. He also singed a 4-year $50 million contract. 

Vita Vea is only in his second year so it's hard to assess what he is worth on the open market. 1st round pick.

The point I was trying to make is that D-lineman who play in a 3-4 and are great run stuffing players get about what Williams gets in terms of contract. You either are going to burn a 1st rounder on him or spend about $10 million a year in free agency. 

It's very early but I really want to see the Ravens dip into the FA pool this off season. Preferably on the defensive side. Some notable FA's

Von Miller OLB

Dante Fowler JR OLB/DE

Roberto Quinn DE

Ronald DARBY CB

Gerald McCoy DE

Those are obviously just a few but we need to add some beef to our front 7.

5 hours ago, berlin calling said:

sigh

Is this a legit source? I honestly would love to trade for him if it was something like two 2nd round picks (I mean we don’t have much luck in that round anyway). With Diggs and Hollywood on the outside, there is no way teams can double over the top. Either that or both safeties are playing deep and our rushing attack averages 8 yards a carry vs 6 yards. Andrews, Snead, Boyle, and Hurst would have a ridiculous amount of space to work with underneath. And we could definitely afford him. Incorporating him this deep into the season would be an easy fit as he would basically just run 9 routes until he gets the playbook down.

Not sure why the Vikings would want to trade him though. Diggs isn’t the problem, it’s the QB. He’s no longer playing with McVay and we see that he’s not the same player.

17 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

It's very early but I really want to see the Ravens dip into the FA pool this off season. Preferably on the defensive side. Some notable FA's

Von Miller OLB

Dante Fowler JR OLB/DE

Roberto Quinn DE

Ronald DARBY CB

Gerald McCoy DE

Those are obviously just a few but we need to add some beef to our front 7.

Chris Harris is also a FA and would be a likely target. He’s a veteran corner, still playing well, pretty durable, excels in man coverage. Fits the bill well.

Gerald McCoy would likely be a target but he also turned us down last season. This team has also excelled at drafting interior defensive lineman. Yet have struggled with athletic edge threats and developing them. Thus Von Miller would be the perfect fit. Though his last two seasons are a club option, so I’m sure they won’t let Miller walk. They would at least trade him for draft capital of some sort.

Rumor also is that Patrick Peterson could also be on the block. To be honest, he’s probably the biggest prize. Would rather have Peterson over Ramsey, I feel like he’s less outspoken and thus would fit in better with a Harbaugh locker room and once his corner career tapers off his ball skills would allow him to smoothly transition into a top safety type role ala Charles Woodson.

What’s more Peterson has been on a lot of losing teams, the only thing left for his HOF legacy is a SB ring and he I’m sure would be a driving force towards that. He’s already gotten “paid” so he’s not going to come as “immature” as Ramsey would.

Lastly the price shouldn’t be incredibly steep due to the suspension. The team has already proven their willing to gamble on such suspensions when they signed Nick Boyle. I say offer the Cardinals as high as two 2nd round picks, perhaps ideally a 2nd and conditional 3rd based off of playing time/games played. We historically have sucked in the 2nd round anyway, so we might as well use those picks for some good.

Heck I’d love it if we could throw out a base nickel defense of:

LCB: Marlon Humphrey

SS: Earl Thomas

FS: Jimmy Smith

RCB: Patrick Peterson

NCB: Brandon Carr

Use Smith as the deterrent and Thomas as the rover in more of a Troy Polamalu type of role. Then on some plays our corners would switch to press man coverage and Thomas would play deep ball deterrent. Just thinking of that gives me a Nick Chubb. 🤓