Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

So, Ramsey wants to be traded. Has doubled/tripled down on that stance. Doesn't want to miss games though. The Jaguars were entertaining trade offers, reports/rumors pegged the asking price as "simply too rich for teams". Khan has stepped in and is currently stifling any other possible trade attempts. In hopes of retaining their young superstar. And Ramsey is stacking reasons/excuses to avoid practice and the team in general- outside of games(apparently).

Quite the little situation the Jags have cooked up for themselves there.

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

So, Ramsey wants to be traded. Has doubled/tripled down on that stance. Doesn't want to miss games though. The Jaguars were entertaining trade offers, reports/rumors pegged the asking price as "simply too rich for teams". Khan has stepped in and is currently stifling any other possible trade attempts. In hopes of retaining their young superstar. And Ramsey is stacking reasons/excuses to avoid practice and the team in general- outside of games(apparently).

Quite the little situation the Jags have cooked up for themselves there.

Khan is an idiot. Ramsey’s value already wasn’t two firsts because of his prima-Donna (Chad Johnson/Steve Smith) type history (that everyone else sees outside of select Jags fans), he was already asking to get big paid, yet only now after the relationship has soured to the point of no return does Khan think to step in? Clearly THIS is the reason why he wants out. The owner spent too much time golfing and not supporting the team so that it got out of hand with incompetent hires for the modern player. As if that couldn’t get any worse... he torpedoes Ramsey’s trade value. I mean, who is going to trade “full price” for Ramsey knowing THAT situation. That guy is a grade A idiot.

edit: So glad that the Ravens have had good ownership and a good front office so that we’ve never really needed the ownership to step in.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Khan is an idiot. Ramsey’s value already wasn’t two firsts because of his prima-Donna (Chad Johnson/Steve Smith) type history (that everyone else sees outside of select Jags fans), he was already asking to get big paid, yet only now after the relationship has soured to the point of no return does Khan think to step in?

I wish I was an idiot like Khan, making $6.8 billion from scratch as an immigrant. 

Until I know why Ramsey wants a trade, I will hold off on judging. What could Coughlin have said that Ramsey got so upset? Could it be that Ramsey is just a sensitive millennial who overreacts to minor slights? The guy calls every QB trash but then throws a hissy fit if anyone dares criticize him? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

What’s up with the ravens secondary this season?

Down 2 starters and still got to figure out some communication issues. It is mostly Averett and Jefferson who has struggled in coverage and other big gains is on player playing wrong assignments.

21 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I wish I was an idiot like Khan, making $6.8 billion from scratch as an immigrant. 

Until I know why Ramsey wants a trade, I will hold off on judging. What could Coughlin have said that Ramsey got so upset? Could it be that Ramsey is just a sensitive millennial who overreacts to minor slights? The guy calls every QB trash but then throws a hissy fit if anyone dares criticize him? 

So what does this make you the “expert” Gen Xer that responds to information half cocked?

Because the “WHY” Ramsey wants a trade is already known.

Whats more prime-donna’s in the NFL isn’t some new “millennial” thing. TO was doing sit ups in his drive way, Chad Johnson was demanding touches, Ryan Leaf was lazy with his talent and self destructed. Michael Jordan once told a reporter that they were no longer able to cover him because they said something demeaning about him in a column, effectively blackballing that reporter and affecting his career. Was that not overly sensitive??

Lastly, you failed to analyze the context of the post with irrelevant info. Everything in life is relative. What does Khan being an self made immigrant have to do with his effectiveness as an NFL owner? This isn’t the power rangers where you can be a genius at martial arts and then hop into an ancient alien space bot (zord) and suddenly know how to use it. Khan is amongst 30 other savvy, smart, and intelligent owners... some that have a much better grasp of emotional intelligence and team dynamics than he does. Thus yes, relative to his competition... Khan is an idiot.

If Ramsey was a “sensitive millennial” he was the same sensitive millennial when he was drafted and therefore Khan should have had a better understanding of his star players mental makeup when deciding how likely he was to assist in micromanaging that situation... if that was his goal. I have no qualms with Khan staying uninvolved in team operations, Bisciotti is like that as he trusts his front office to handle their job. However if he were going to step in and be a hands on owner, the time to do it was after the Brinks truck incident, not after Ramsey was far past the point of wanting to be a Jaguar employee.

Lastly, we already know why Ramsey wants to be traded, he’s felt that for quite some time the Jaguars haven’t had his best interest at heart, that final meeting something very disrespectful simply pushed it to the point of no return. So “waiting to hear what was said” is nonsensical. It makes no difference. That’s like hearing the last argument that caused a divorce and saying, “wow, were washing the dishes really worth throwing away 10 years for? How immature.”

So like I said in my post, Ramsey has prima-Donna tendencies, but he’s still a great player that could’ve returned some tremendous value to assist in restocking the Jaguars team. But if teams were willing to offer a 1st, 2nd, and a player (if those reports are to be believed) then shutting down a trade and allowing teams to lower their impulse, for Ramsey to get more out of shape, for Ramsey to risk more injury, and allow Ramsey to continue to undermine the Jacksonville staff and come up with ghost injuries and situations to prevent him from being fined... you put your front office in a bind. With the longer they wait, they might be lucky if teams give them 1 first round pick let alone a first and a package.

Perhaps a better post might’ve said that you would wait until you see Ramsey’s ultimate trade return before you analyzed the move. At least that would be sensical as they wanted two 1st round picks for Ramsey, thus if they somehow pulled three 1st round picks due to this maneuver that would be something to celebrate Khan over. However waiting some inordinate amount of time until Ramsey reveals the nature of that discussion... has no relevance on the situation of whether interrupting trade negotiations was a smart move or a dumb move in this circumstance. That’s what’s relevant.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Perhaps a better post might’ve said that you would wait until you see Ramsey’s ultimate trade return before you analyzed the move. 

You don't see the hypocrisy in your post? You are calling Khan an idiot and you don't know how the situation will resolve. Let's see it play out before judging. 

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

You don't see the hypocrisy in your post? You are calling Khan an idiot and you don't know how the situation will resolve. Let's see it play out before judging. 

I don’t. Because the situation is that either he is the type of owner to be involved and he waited too long so that his player has gone atomic and is deciding to not play in games and deliver excuses. OR he’s the type to not get involved and then got involved which makes him the type to go against his principles and undermine his front office.

In each situation that’s suspect. What’s more let’s not change the stance. Before it was “I’ll wait until I know why Ramsey wants to be traded.” But now the scale is sliding more to, “I’ll wait until I see how this situation plays out to judge.”

One is waiting to gain past information, the other is waiting to see a future result and then react based off of hindsight bias. Two different concepts... I included the latter in my last post as a sensical perspective to take, but that wasn’t your angle at the time.

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t. Because the situation is that either he is the type of owner to be involved and he waited too long so that his player has gone atomic and is deciding to not play in games and deliver excuses. OR he’s the type to not get involved and then got involved which makes him the type to go against his principles and undermine his front office.

In each situation that’s suspect. What’s more let’s not change the stance. Before it was “I’ll wait until I know why Ramsey wants to be traded.” But now the scale is sliding more to, “I’ll wait until I see how this situation plays out to judge.”

One is waiting to gain past information, the other is waiting to see a future result and then react based off of hindsight bias. Two different concepts... I included the latter in my last post as a sensical perspective to take, but that wasn’t your angle at the time.

I'm sorry I just don't follow your argument. 

If you could explain to me how Shahid Khan's involvement with the Jalen Ramsey situation changed over the course of time maybe I would have a better understanding. What specifically is Khan doing that makes him such an idiot? You are saying that Khan might be acting like two different types of owners. If you are so sure he is an idiot, wouldn't you know what strategy he is pursuing? 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm sorry I just don't follow your argument. 

If you could explain to me how Shahid Khan's involvement with the Jalen Ramsey situation changed over the course of time maybe I would have a better understanding. What specifically is Khan doing that makes him such an idiot? You are saying that Khan might be acting like two different types of owners. If you are so sure he is an idiot, wouldn't you know what strategy he is pursuing? 

I’ve already outlined what he is doing, which is why in the original post I called him an idiot because his strategy follows no logical structure. If you would like more information on that reread what I wrote there or read through the Jalen Ramsey news thread. I’ve outlined my position very clearly in that thread and expound on the synthesized version above. You would just have to traverse the many pages, but would have the clearest understanding of my position. Either or.

Edited by diamondbull424