Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

On 2019-10-01 at 1:10 PM, santiagomn8 said:

Hello everybody. My girlfriend surprised me with tickets to watch the ravens game in Heinz Field this week and I was wondering if anyone here has gone to Heinz Field so I can know what to expect. Should I wear my ravens jersey or would that potentially make the experience to unbearable with the crowd. now I don't mind the trash talk and I'm not obnoxious in any way but I don't want my girlfriend to feel uncomfortable. Any advice would be appreciated thank you!

I've been there and I've brought my wife. She wears her jersey and I wear mine. For the most part, fans know not to involve the lady. I'm not an obnoxious guy, I don't overly celebrate during a score. I often make conversation around me. If the fan know you're educated about their team and the division. The people around you will respect you for the most part. 

You'll more than likely run into a few comments yelled at you from across the street and whatever. Like DreamKid said. I'm 6'2 240. Been a kick boxer since I was in diapers and in BJJ since I was like 9. I don't look for confrontation ever but if it finds me, I'm ready. Most don't bother. Just be respectful and normally you'll make some friends to chat with during the game. 

If you don't want any confrontation, go without any gear on. Kind of sucks if you have to sit quiet during the game though. Your choice. Hope you have fun nonetheless. Enjoy the game brother. 

31 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I've been there and I've brought my wife. She wears her jersey and I wear mine. For the most part, fans know not to involve the lady. I'm not an obnoxious guy, I don't overly celebrate during a score. I often make conversation around me. If the fan know you're educated about their team and the division. The people around you will respect you for the most part. 

You'll more than likely run into a few comments yelled at you from across the street and whatever. Like DreamKid said. I'm 6'2 240. Been a kick boxer since I was in diapers and in BJJ since I was like 9. I don't look for confrontation ever but if it finds me, I'm ready. Most don't bother. Just be respectful and normally you'll make some friends to chat with during the game. 

If you don't want any confrontation, go without any gear on. Kind of sucks if you have to sit quiet during the game though. Your choice. Hope you have fun nonetheless. Enjoy the game brother. 

Thank you and thank you DreamKidn for the insight. I’m not to worried about it personally I have been to Oakland and a Giants game with my jersey with very little issue. Granted that’s not a Ravens Steelers game. I think I will let her make the final decision as long as she is comfortable I’m good either way. Either way jersey or no I definitely will be rooting the team on let’s go get this WIN!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drd23 said:

Could Jimmy play FS?  His strength has always been press man coverage, and the guys that transition well to FS are typically guys that read-and-react well, which is a zone coverage trait

Yeah I went back and forth on that for that very reason. Had Patrick Peterson in that “FS” spot. Then I went with Brandon Carr (for his active streak). I’m not entirely sure how we would make it work but let’s a lot of firepower. Also I felt in the end that after his injury Jimmy wasn’t “the same” in press man coverage whereas he’s been much improved in zone since the start of his career. Lastly I figured that maybe it might be easier for him to play more of a deterrent role than playing straight zone.

But hey, I just want to see all 4 of those corners on the field together. Would be like watching the first Avengers movie for the first time.

Can someone actually tell me what coverage this is?

https://www.chiefs.com/video/true-view-see-what-patrick-mahomes-saw-on-the-83-yard-touchdown-to-mecole-hardma

My best guess is one of the following:

1. Cover 3 Buzz where Canady, Peanut and TJ all blow the coverage

2. Cover 3 cloud where TJ blows the coverage

4. Cover 4 where Earl blows the coverage

22 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Hey! A fellow fighter, that's awesome. I was a combat baby too :D. Throwing teeps in some Huggies.

Haha. When your moms working and your dad drags you to the gym as an infant, not much choice. I'm grateful now though. Have my daughters doing the same thing. They seem to enjoy it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Haha. When your moms working and your dad drags you to the gym as an infant, not much choice. I'm grateful now though. Have my daughters doing the same thing. They seem to enjoy it. 

That's great. Be aware, siblings like to use each other as sparring partners. Speaking from experience, you might come home to a few things broken now and then lol. Hope you make it out okay(Lamps are overrated) :D

Looking at this it’s become clear to me that Ray Lewis is the best LBer in NFL history. Lawrence Taylor was great but he didn’t need to be the overall leader like Ray and what’s more, they talk about how he played free and didn’t play according to the play called, he “did his own thing” and LT played with a reckless abandon and couldn’t be contained. In this era that would not slide. He wouldn’t be the same player and have the same game.

Lewis could play under control he could play with reckless abandon. He could galvanize a group. He literally led that panel discussion not because he’s the freshest face but because he’s the best leader of them all, with Singletary as his number 2.

• Like 2

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-chiefs-ravens-saints-eagles-seahawks-among-teams-already-laying-groundwork-for-frenzied-trade-deadline/

The Saints, Eagles, Ravens, Chiefs, Patriots and Seahawks have been among the most active teams, league sources said, hopeful of addressing roster needs to fortify what they believe can be Super Bowl runs. Many of these teams have already been in pursuit of disgruntled Jaguars star corner Jalen Ramsey, who still could be dealt ahead of the deadline; the Chiefs, Eagles, Ravens and Saints, in particular, are pushing for corner upgrades.

The Ravens need to address a flagging defense and will attempt to do so, sources said, with Denver's Derek Wolfe making sense for them, and any other pass-rush help, too.

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Zadarius Smith is currently terrorizing Dak. 🙄🙄😕

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Making us look dumb currently

As great as it is, this is all hindsight. We've seen so many edge rushers have a breakout year in their contract year then fade away, there was no indication anything would be different with Z. We made the right move letting him go. If we were worried about our pass rush, we should've made other moves (maybe in the draft?) to solidify that, but we didn't. I'm just happy for Z. He looks really good in GB. Hopefully they can do the same with Tim Williams.

• Like 1