Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve already outlined what he is doing, which is why in the original post I called him an idiot because his strategy follows no logical structure. If you would like more information on that reread what I wrote there or read through the Jalen Ramsey news thread. I’ve outlined my position very clearly in that thread and expound on the synthesized version above. You would just have to traverse the many pages, but would have the clearest understanding of my position. Either or.

Fair enough I haven't followed the news thread. I was thinking there was aspects of the story I was missing. 

Emmanuel Sanders going 5 for 104 and Von Miller picking up his first two sacks of the season in another Broncos loss. 0-4 and maybe looking to go full firesale soon.... I'm hoping EDC has already put out feelers there because moves need to be made on both sides. Don't know if they'd be willing to move Miller but I'd imagine Sanders will be moved before long given his contract situation and he's exactly the kind of route runner we could really use, and I'm gonna keep beating the drum on him right up until he inevitably gets traded to the Pats and tears it up for them. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Emmanuel Sanders going 5 for 104 and Von Miller picking up his first two sacks of the season in another Broncos loss. 0-4 and maybe looking to go full firesale soon.... I'm hoping EDC has already put out feelers there because moves need to be made on both sides. Don't know if they'd be willing to move Miller but I'd imagine Sanders will be moved before long given his contract situation and he's exactly the kind of route runner we could really use, and I'm gonna keep beating the drum on him right up until he inevitably gets traded to the Pats and tears it up for them. 

Chris Harris is who they should get from Denver.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Chris Harris is who they should get from Denver.

Forgot about Harris - he's in his walk year as well so would make a lot of sense to get him as a one year rental until Tavon is back next season. Assuming Miller is off the table i'd be happy with a move for either of Sanders or Harris. I guess it comes down to whether we think our corner play can get better when Jimmy and Carr get healthy and whether it's just better to make us better positioned to win shootouts, or whether we think the defense is a lost cause without an outside injection of talent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I'm going to be seriously worried about losing to Pittsburgh if Brandon Williams doesn't play

People love to crap on this man's contract and lack of sacks, but we've seen time and time again we go from a top 3 rushing defense to arguably worst in the league whenever he's out with an injury. He's worth every penny we paid him, imo. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

People love to crap on this man's contract and lack of sacks, but we've seen time and time again we go from a top 3 rushing defense to arguably worst in the league whenever he's out with an injury. He's worth every penny we paid him, imo. 

While we are 1-4 without Brandon Williams, I believe that is too small of a sample size to determine he is that important. Other teams have the same type of run defender to a smaller contract, and I believe that is where the comparisons is drawn to whether Williams is worth his contract.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

It certainly isn't a good sign for Michael Pierce's upcoming contract extension talks, that's for sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danand said:

While we are 1-4 without Brandon Williams, I believe that is too small of a sample size to determine he is that important. Other teams have the same type of run defender to a smaller contract, and I believe that is where the comparisons is drawn to whether Williams is worth his contract.

Who are the other players in the league that are comparable? I'm curious.