Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If our defense looks bad against Andy freaking Dalton (not that it didn't against Mason Rudolph....) and this pathetic Bengals team, I think it's time to really make changes.

Dalton always works our defense. I just think as long as our offense does it’s job we’ll be fine. I expect Lamar to drag his footballs all across the Bengals D and thrust himself back into the OPOY conversation.

• Like 1

Random thought, but I'd like to take this opportunity to eat some crow regarding Ronnie Stanley. Currently he's the best-graded LT in the NFL and quite honestly his play has been pretty damn good this year. The last couple of years I've been rather harsh on him, especially for a top-10 pick, but it seems he's putting it all together just in time to cash in.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Random thought, but I'd like to take this opportunity to eat some crow regarding Ronnie Stanley. Currently he's the best-graded LT in the NFL and quite honestly his play has been pretty damn good this year. The last couple of years I've been rather harsh on him, especially for a top-10 pick, but it seems he's putting it all together just in time to cash in.

There are so few young guys of prototype tackle-level size, strength and ability, he could slack off quite a bit and still cash in big time. The fact that we have two cornerstone tackles is one of the best things we have going on our roster.

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

There are so few young guys of prototype tackle-level size, strength and ability, he could slack off quite a bit and still cash in big time. The fact that we have two cornerstone tackles is one of the best things we have going on our roster.

I'm not gonna give Brown that title just quite yet.

40 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I'm not gonna give Brown that title just quite yet.

Which title? Cornerstone? 

We have time to see the level he can play at for a multi-year period. But, I feel confident that based on what we know now, he'd be a first round pick in a 2018 Redraft. Maybe controversial, but I'd say he'd probably go over Mandrews based on positional value. On a league-wide basis, legit tackles are the rarest commodity among any position.

36 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Which title? Cornerstone? 

We have time to see the level he can play at for a multi-year period. But, I feel confident that based on what we know now, he'd be a first round pick in a 2018 Redraft. Maybe controversial, but I'd say he'd probably go over Mandrews based on positional value. On a league-wide basis, legit tackles are the rarest commodity among any position.

Correct. I think he's headed to be a solid tackle but cornerstone is lofty praise.

• Like 1

Brandon Carr has become one of my all time favorite Raven FA acquisitions. Perfect player at the perfect time, and his peaks have been incredible for his price tag. He brought next level durability, play, intangibles, and Veteran leadership to a young CB room sorely lacking it. Inside/Outside versatility, improved physicality, the commendable aspects to him as a player/person are endless. I genuinely hope he retires with us, and that we can get him a ring before he does. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Brandon Carr has become one of my all time favorite Raven FA acquisitions. Perfect player at the perfect time, and his peaks have been incredible for his price tag. He brought next level durability, play, intangibles, and Veteran leadership to a young CB room sorely lacking it. Inside/Outside versatility, improved physicality, the commendable aspects to him as a player/person are endless. I genuinely hope he retires with us, and that we can get him a ring before he does. 

So happy I was wrong about this one. couldn't see what adding him would help our defense then, but he has exceed expectations. Sometimes he has had to carry a heavier load than he could, but always battled through it, and whenever he was put in a bad position, we could argue the DC had a hand in that decision.

So far, I think Orlando Brown looks like a cornerstone. If you hit with oline, you try to give them that second contract, unless you have something waiting behind them. We can argue, that letting Jensen go worked out, but it still took a full year with Skura being a liability to get some stability back.

I think we at all costs should avoid the risk of having a situation, where we go with a Gino Gradkowski solution. If locking up two bookend tackles could help solidify the oline, I think that is the way to go with building that line for the next couple of years so we have some stability when Yanda retiress.

• Like 1