Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-linebacker-claims-ref-told-him-to-go-easy-on-tom-brady-stay-off-tom-160646068.html

This would be a bad look for the NFL if more of these stories come out, especially considering the “especially” poor officiating this season.

Yeah that's a very, very poor look on the NFL officials. I wish Flacco got that same treatment for the decade he was here

47 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

What about HH + 1st + 3rd rounder?

Nope, not messing with the TE crew. Love what we have going. Yes, Boyle has been good as well but I love the 3 headed beast we have. 

I think the deal is going to look like this (if we make the trade) 

Ravens Receive 

Ramsey + 2020 4th Rounder 

Jaguars Receive 

2020 1st Rounder + 2020 3rd Rounder + 2021 2nd Rounder 

• Like 2

Adding Ramsey would obviously be good for this year, but he'll obviously want to be the top paid CB in the league. 

Would signing Ramsey then preclude the Ravens from signing some of their other top defensive talent? Peanut? Pierce? Humphrey? And then on top of that, we'd be without draft capital to replace those players. (I'm guessing Judon will leave regardless)

11 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Anyone else mildy surprised/kind of happy for the early success Z'darius Smith is having in Green Bay? Would be nice to see at least one former Raven not completely drop off the face of the earth after parlaying their time in Baltimore into a big contract elsewhere.

If only because it increases the chances that other teams will continue to overpay for our defensive free agents

• Like 2

4 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Nope, not messing with the TE crew. Love what we have going. Yes, Boyle has been good as well but I love the 3 headed beast we have. 

I think the deal is going to look like this (if we make the trade) 

Ravens Receive 

Ramsey + 2020 4th Rounder 

Jaguars Receive 

2020 1st Rounder + 2020 3rd Rounder + 2021 2nd Rounder 

I couldn't agree more. Leave my TE's alone and let them be great! I can handle those picks being gone and want all that smoke.

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Adding Ramsey would obviously be good for this year, but he'll obviously want to be the top paid CB in the league. 

Would signing Ramsey then preclude the Ravens from signing some of their other top defensive talent? Peanut? Pierce? Humphrey? And then on top of that, we'd be without draft capital to replace those players. (I'm guessing Judon will leave regardless)

It’s a passing league, I’d much rather we invest the money we would’ve given Pierce into Ramsey and it’s not even close. I think with Daylon Mack we already have Pierce replacement on the roster. We’ve proven especially apt at finding dominant interior run stuffers for cheap, I’ll bet our track record to continue to do that in the late rounds.

My concern is moreso that we wouldn’t be able to pay Humphrey, it’s that trading for a player and signing him a year early could ultimately establish a precedent that Marlon would enter into next season equally wanting a huge deal... especially as our homegrown talent selected in the draft just one year after Ramsey.

But yeah... Peanut is getting a deal for sure. Hopefully we get it done sooner than later. Would rather not have to pay him top 5 money after he has an elite season. But I suppose Peanut would be my candidate for a franchise tag if we were to use it next season. He’s the guy we can’t let go.

Yeah, agree there @berlin calling. It's imperative that we re-sign Stanley especially given what our interior line looks like and with Yanda getting ready to call it a career soon.

EDIT: And yes, @DreamKid he is definitely bluffin'. BIG BLUFFIN', but boy how I wish this were true, lol

Edited by RavensfanRD
  • Like 1