Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

@DreamKidSaw that the other day and the biggest surprised to me was seeing Bowser walking perfectly normal after that Achilles injury to end his season. Sure he still has a ways to go in his rehab process, but if he's ready for the start of the regular season, that would be a stunning recovery.

Had the achilles last year of HS. I was walking normally within a couple months. Putting pressure and pushing off is another story. My gut says we see him around later October. 

He's also a pro athlete, nothing would shock me. He's a freak. 

• Like 3

Was it the right Achilles that he tore? If it was you can notice a slight hitch in his step. Would be surprised if he’s not on the pup list to start the year. It’s the explosive movements that took me  the longest to feel comfortable with. I was walking pretty normally about 3 months out of injury.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ben-cleveland-eats-squirrel-and-he-has-the-stories-to-prove-it

Why the hell am I just finding out about this guy. I want him in Green Bay lol. 

Cleveland looks and sounds the part of a monster at Guard but he wasn't quite there yet on the field.  Hopefully there is a big jump in 2022.  If not Cleveland's stories might all end up being about off the field stuff

8 hours ago, Rein said:

Coincidence that this information gets out 4 days before the draft? Could also be a smokescreen for potential trade-up.

Could be, could also be Stanley's agent putting out positive information on his client. Just in case we draft a LT like Cross or something. 

Either way, after last season's events I'm not going to assume Stanley is actually healthy until I see a strong stretch of games. His injury and our lack of fallback options devastated this team.

• Like 1

Quick question… Has anyone ever considered moving Bowser to the Mike… im just thinking… he athletic enough… he’s our best lb in coverage… and if Ojabo comes back healthy and the player he was at Michigan he won’t be needed as much for edge reps… Ojabo Bowser Queen Oweh at backer… Campbell Jones Pierce/Madubuike on the line… Humphrey Williams Hamilton Peters in the Secondary… That base unit literally would have it all…. 

Edited by bmorecareful

4 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

Quick question… Has anyone ever considered moving Bowser to the Mike… im just thinking… he athletic enough… he’s our best lb in coverage… and if Ojabo comes back healthy and the player he was at Michigan he won’t be needed as much for edge reps… Ojabo Bowser Queen Oweh at backer… Campbell Jones Pierce/Madubuike on the line… Humphrey Williams Hamilton Peters in the Secondary… That base unit literally would have it all…. 

I think you just rotate those guys. Ojabo, Oweh, and Bowser are going to all have the necessary athleticism to drop and rush, so I’d just let them all get after it.

In terms of Bowser, it’s probably best to leave him at OLB, if we’re moving someone into the ILB role for coverage, we should be looking more towards Chuck Clark because it’d allow us to move him around on the backend more to confused offenses.

If needed, Oweh has also shown the ability to rush from the inside and so we could go Ojabo and Bowser along the edges and then throw Oweh inside.