Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Apparently the Panthers are hearing offers for legit players as they head into another rebuild.

I’m gonna be mad if a DJ Moore or even a Robby Anderson get moved for something very reasonable and we didn’t pull the trigger on it. Hell even Brian Burns for a 1st.

Decosta’s drafting has been suspect at best his first few years. Go use some of the draft capital on proven commodities.

10 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

He played 22 snaps yesterday - 34%. It’s week 5. People were talking in the off-season like he could be back week 1. If he gets through an entire season without milking another injury, we’ll talk then 👌🏼

0*E1eNateTiDThGcYI.jpg

1. Who are these nameless people you’re referencing? Reporters, Ravens fans, dominos pizza employees? I mean you accused me of things that weren’t true and I’d hate for you to be doing the same to these other nameless individuals.

2. Will you at least be admitting to blatantly lying above and putting words into my mouth or has the goal posts moved on that as well?

3. Got you. So all Stanley has to do to prove he isn’t “done” (you words) is by not having any injuries moving forward this season and by playing more than 34% of snaps? Noted. That’s absolutely not changing the goal posts in the slightest.

Anyways as you were.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Who would you rather have: DJ Moore or Brian Burns?

Before the Williams loss, DJ Moore. After the Williams loss, Brian Burns.

Also, look at what Harbaugh and LJ8 started. Now everyone in their mother is playing Madden with the 4th down and 2pt conversion tries. This is absolutely insane, lmao.

23 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Who would you rather have: DJ Moore or Brian Burns?

Not that you asked me, but I’d probably prefer DJ Moore.

We need the defensive help more, but from a contract perspective Burns is going to require not only a 1st+ to obtain him even in a firesale, but he’s also going to have all the leverage to get paid a record deal upon obtaining him.

Conversely DJ Moore has already gotten paid and thus his guaranteed dollars is already paid for by the Panthers and we just have to worry about his salaries that are roughly $1m, $19m, $15m, and $15m. He’s not elite but at only 25 years old there’s still room for additional growth and we’d be pairing Lamar with a top 15-20 caliber WR for the next 3-4 years, which would perfectly correlate to the years left before Bateman might be looking to get paid (if he’s worth it).

We know with how lethal Duvernay has looked with us that a similar style RB receiver like DJ Moore (with superior route running skills) should be able to fit with Lamar. I’d probably prefer a taller, physical WR type, but Moore’s skill set and also being paired with Keith Williams could be quite intriguing.

45 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not that you asked me, but I’d probably prefer DJ Moore.

I was quoting one person but really it was a question for everyone here :) I think I'm in the same boat, I would prefer DJ Moore for our system vs. Brian Burns.

45 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

We need the defensive help more, but from a contract perspective Burns is going to require not only a 1st+ to obtain him even in a firesale, but he’s also going to have all the leverage to get paid a record deal upon obtaining him.

Conversely DJ Moore has already gotten paid and thus his guaranteed dollars is already paid for by the Panthers and we just have to worry about his salaries that are roughly $1m, $19m, $15m, and $15m. He’s not elite but at only 25 years old there’s still room for additional growth and we’d be pairing Lamar with a top 15-20 caliber WR for the next 3-4 years, which would perfectly correlate to the years left before Bateman might be looking to get paid (if he’s worth it).

We know with how lethal Duvernay has looked with us that a similar style RB receiver like DJ Moore (with superior route running skills) should be able to fit with Lamar. I’d probably prefer a taller, physical WR type, but Moore’s skill set and also being paired with Keith Williams could be quite intriguing.

Agreed about everything here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ojabo and Bowser are coming back roughly the same time. That could do wonders for this pass rush in a few weeks (most likely after the bye against Carolina)

Having JPP, Oweh, Houston, Ojabo, Bowser all in on a rotation with fresher legs and less fatigue as a result of being in on every play could do definitely do wonders. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Having JPP, Oweh, Houston, Ojabo, Bowser all in on a rotation with fresher legs and less fatigue as a result of being in on every play could do definitely do wonders. 

Or put them all in at the same time on 3rd and long and have them rush the passer. 

19 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Bowser is a unique weapon with his coverage and pass rush combo. He covers against short and immediate passes as well as top inside linebackers and good safeties. If he's right he's a great chess piece who doesn't need to strictly rush off the edge.