Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

For the mods, I didn't know dou + che was blocked. Wasn't anything more nasty than that. So don't feel obligated to edit my post, again. Unless mocking Steve Saunders' looks/styling is policed similarly to how mocking Derek Wolfe's is. 

Not sure it was edited. Might have been an auto-mod action. Otherwise I should be able to see it unless it was someone with higher permissions... which shouldn't be too many? 

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Not sure it was edited. Might have been an auto-mod action. Otherwise I should be able to see it unless it was someone with higher permissions... which shouldn't be too many? 

--Derek Wolfe can get f*cked with this BS that comes off as little more than grave dancing and a smug celebration of our injuries. Never forget this slob was proudly doing the 'white guy with dreads' look deep into the 2010s, like the meth head looking Ohio trash he is. --             

^^^The bold text was removed from my post after it had been up, and I certainly didn't edit it. Besides me, only a mod has that capability. You can see the removed part in AFS' quoted reply. So I doubt it was auto-mod.

Admittedly it's not nice to say, but grounds for mod edit and removal?.... eh IDK. Ultimately I'm just making fun of a player's appearance and chosen style. "White guy with dreads" isn't nefarious or offensive, it's a widely meme'd joke(easy to google) about styling in relation to personality. Similar to "Incel Fedora", "Black Air Force energy", or "Karen hair" memes. And the "-Insert illicit substance- + head looking" and "-Insert state- + trash" templates are common within joke or jab structure. Example: "Pot/Crack head looking Texas/California trash".... pretty innocuous imo. 

Again, not saying it's kind or anything but Derek and other players' appearances have been mocked without issue for the 10+ years I've been on FF. Not really seeing the problem. This has happened once before and I was notified promptly after regarding the reasons. It was a similar situation where even though the content of my post wasn't banned or prohibited- the mod felt I took my jab at a certain TV commentator too far. This time I only got the edit without explanation in post reply or PM. Which is fine, I guess, but not very instructive for me or other posters on where the line for that specific mod is. 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Saunders doesn't have the power to change anything. Harbaugh is the guy who imposed all the top down changes. So that's a Harbaugh criticism.

You make a lot of good points, but I would push back on this one. NFL coaches know football, but anatomy and physiology are outside their knowledge domain. They are completely reliant on the experts they hire who know about ligaments, muscles, bones, etc. They have to hire the best trainers that are available and follow their advice. If Saunders is just a yes man who does whatever Harbaugh wants, then he's not helpful because he is not following the science and offering objective analysis. 

4 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

You make a lot of good points, but I would push back on this one. NFL coaches know football, but anatomy and physiology are outside their knowledge domain. They are completely reliant on the experts they hire who know about ligaments, muscles, bones, etc. They have to hire the best trainers that are available and follow their advice. If Saunders is just a yes man who does whatever Harbaugh wants, then he's not helpful because he is not following the science and offering objective analysis. 

Here's an article on the team site about the changes- https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-dial-back-altered-training-program-hoping-to-prevent-more-injuries

---After last season's onslaught of injuries left the Ravens out of the playoffs, Head Coach John Harbaugh sat down with his player performance staff for four hours, hammering out every detail of their strategy.

They talked about practice schedules, training camp schedules, OTAs and more. But it all starts with how they train and condition when players first arrive.---

---So far, the changes mostly seem to be dialing back the workload. Ricard said drills that would typically be 10 to 12 reps have been dropped to eight to 10.---

I don't think anyone's expertise in one particular field mattered. Seems like Harbaugh just went with "If we work less, maybe we'll get injured less", severely dialing back practice/field work and then directing all other levels to reduce as well. S&C was barely altered though imo, two less reps on drills isn't as sharp a turn as what we saw shift from 21' to 22' in terms of actual football practice.

56 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:
Love our QB. 

Yea, I openly admit I'm biased and irrational because I root so hard for this kid*. He comes across so genuine and his joy is COVID-level infectious. 

*Apparently, I now call a dude** 6 years younger than me "kid" now. 

**Lamar not the actual kid

• Like 1

Also love how everyone on the team or ever on the team with him loves and defends Lamar consistently. You DEFINITELY don't see that with every QB around the league.

Also.... can you guys believe that we just saw Ronnie Stanley play 68/68 offensive snaps and that he looks like a dude worth a 100M contract?!?! This is very quietly the best development of the season for this team.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Also love how everyone on the team or ever on the team with him loves and defends Lamar consistently. You DEFINITELY don't see that with every QB around the league.

Also.... can you guys believe that we just saw Ronnie Stanley play 68/68 offensive snaps and that he looks like a dude worth a 100M contract?!?! This is very quietly the best development of the season for this team.

I had some doubts for sure. But I felt the team taking the slow approach was smart this time around.

As opposed to allowing him to fight through it, they allowed him to get to a point where he was completely healed and then start practicing then. Especially with a big man, that’s the smart approach IMO.

Heck, maybe that would’ve been the smart play with Bateman. Wait to bring him back until after the bye week and maybe he’d be 100% and ready to go vs having him play through the pain.

Though I don’t know if it was something where it was always going to require surgery and he just felt he might be able to gut it until the end and then get surgery in the offseason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, I openly admit I'm biased and irrational because I root so hard for this kid*. He comes across so genuine and his joy is COVID-level infectious. 

*Apparently, I now call a dude** 6 years younger than me "kid" now. 

**Lamar not the actual kid

Hey. Stop reminding us of our age. 

• Like 1