Who gets the top two seeds in AFC

Blackstar12

Whoever wins the LAC@KC game wins the #1 seed.  The AFCW schedule is ridiculously easy for both aside from 1-2 other games (both face BAL at home, while LAC goes to PIT Week 13 and KC plays LAR next MNF).   13-3 seems a lock at worst for the AFCW team, the WC team there might be 12-4 lol.   I don't think it's a given that LAR is losing at Arrowhead - still 4 weeks to that showdown, which means Bosa could be back, which would be huge.  The biggest diff with LAC is that their OL is finally gelling, with the 2 young G's working with Pouncey to form a stout run & pass blocking unit.   They have a good enough D to at least keep the scoring down.   Week 1, they literally dropped 2 TD's, and muffed a PR on their own 5 yard-line.   Obv HFA matters a ton, but that game should be a barnburner.

The NE@PIT week 15 winner gets the 2 seed.    If PIT can somehow pull off that W and get the 2 seed - it will be the first time in a while I can remember that the Pats have to play in WC weekend, and go on the road for the Divisional playoff.   It's been a while seeing that lol.

3 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Chargers fans have to stop with that silly narrative that they are a better team or more talented than the Chiefs. They are not.

I mean how many times do the Chiefs need to beat you before you understand that? And the last time they met, at your place, the Chiefs beat your team from start to finish.

The Chiefs offense is clearly better than the Chargers' (better QB and better pretty much at every receiving position) and the Chargers defense is just a bit better than the Chiefs.

You don't have a better QB and our defense is a lot better from a talent perspective. 

KC is better then the Chargers, no doubt about it. But the reason for that is due to Andy Reid's ability to out coach Gus Bradley. That was the biggest difference in the first game this year, Andy stole Bradley's lunch from a schematic standpoint. 

pats still have Minnesota, @Miami, @Pittsburgh, all tough games. 80% chance they lose in Miami (out of my butt but probably not far off). The other two are more split. Then they have the Jets twice, who always pull off an upset no matter how bad they are. could finish as bad as 9-7 if things go horribly. more likely 11-5. don't know if that's good enough to stave off the steelers, especially if they drop that game.

11 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

pats still have Minnesota, @Miami, @Pittsburgh, all tough games. 80% chance they lose in Miami (out of my butt but probably not far off). The other two are more split. Then they have the Jets twice, who always pull off an upset no matter how bad they are. could finish as bad as 9-7 if things go horribly. more likely 11-5. don't know if that's good enough to stave off the steelers, especially if they drop that game.

Yeah, it is a tough schedule. But I have feeling the Pats are going to go on a run in the second half and finish 12-4 or 13-3, which should at least give them the two seed. 

In the end, I expect the AFC playoff picture to look like this.

1. KC

2. NE

3. Pitt

4. Hou

5. LAC

6. Tenn

8 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

He also started with LT as the best back in the league and Gates in his prime. Kind of different.

But his passing numbers against other teams have barely taken a hit. It's not simply because LT isn't playing anymore, the Chiefs seem to handle Rivers better than any  in the NFL. 

How about this...Rivers has thrown 16 picks over his last 27 games.. 9 of those have come in 4 games vs KC. He's thrown 7 in the other 23 games combined. He's thrown more picks to KC than every other team combined over the past 2 seasons!

KC know something the rest of the league don't in terms of playing Rivers is all I'm saying and it might cost us a top 2 seed

1 hour ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

But his passing numbers against other teams have barely taken a hit. It's not simply because LT isn't playing anymore, the Chiefs seem to handle Rivers better than any  in the NFL. 

How about this...Rivers has thrown 16 picks over his last 27 games.. 9 of those have come in 4 games vs KC. He's thrown 7 in the other 23 games combined. He's thrown more picks to KC than every other team combined over the past 2 seasons!

KC know something the rest of the league don't in terms of playing Rivers is all I'm saying and it might cost us a top 2 seed

wasn't marcus peters a big part of Rivers' kryptonite?

6 hours ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

As much as Bob Sutton gets criticized by Chiefs fans, the man is fantastic against our division. He has done an excellent job over the years against Rivers and Carr. We come out of almost every game against those two with at least one crucial turnover by the opposing QB.

16 hours ago, Asciimo said:

Wait wait wait.  You can't just say this and get away with it.

How do you figure the Dolphins are favored in this game?  The Pats already dismantled them once this year, and Miami has wins against the Titans, Jets (x2), Raiders and Bears.  Not exactly beating some of the top teams, unlike NE who has beaten the Texans, Chiefs, Bears and Packers, to name a few.

I'd flip it the other way.  80% chance the Pats beat the Dolphins, and i'm only saying it's that low because it's in Miami.

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

Wait wait wait.  You can't just say this and get away with it.

How do you figure the Dolphins are favored in this game?  The Pats already dismantled them once this year, and Miami has wins against the Titans, Jets (x2), Raiders and Bears.  Not exactly beating some of the top teams, unlike NE who has beaten the Texans, Chiefs, Bears and Packers, to name a few.

I'd flip it the other way.  80% chance the Pats beat the Dolphins, and i'm only saying it's that low because it's in Miami.

Just one of those weird NFL things, Brady often has a bad day in Dolphins stadium. Nobody knows why the GOAT has a losing record in Miami. 

23 hours ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, it is a tough schedule. But I have feeling the Pats are going to go on a run in the second half and finish 12-4 or 13-3, which should at least give them the two seed. 

In the end, I expect the AFC playoff picture to look like this.

1. KC

2. NE

3. Pitt

4. Hou

5. LAC

6. Tenn

Something like that, yeah.

6 hours ago, FinSting said:

Just one of those weird NFL things, Brady often has a bad day in Dolphins stadium. Nobody knows why the GOAT has a losing record in Miami. 

Maybe the heat? Last season it was a fantastic game plan and execution, especially on D. Howard shut down Cooks.

Archived