2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Wait til we draft D. White now at 12...

Heads will explode

I'd now be very excited for White at #12.  We have a great DL in Clark.  Two new edge guys.  White would be amazing.  True it may mean that Martinez sees less snaps, but he's in the last year of his deal and White is a much better athlete.

I still want the trade down, though. 

Just now, pgwingman said:

Is Perry cut for sure? It would be a 7M dead cap hit, not excited about that.

$7m in dead cap isn't a big deal. We'll save over $10m by designating him as a June 1 release and split his dead cap between this year and next. 

Just now, pgwingman said:

I wonder what his trade value would be. I'd rather trade him, sign CMIII to rotate from the inside out, and then go after a DL.

19 minutes ago, snackattack said:

Whether you love or hate these signings, i love that we went after it hard. No more excuses of sitting on our hands. Its really nice as a fan going into the draft without feeling like we need to pick a certain position with our top two or three picks. Yes we still have needs, but nothing that is a must now

Could not agree more.

Remember when the narrative was the poor former GM could not be blamed for not signing free agents because free agents refused to sign with Green Bay?

Wonder if the weather got better in NE Wisconsin or if something else happened at the start of 2018?

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

we were 27th (i believe) in defensive spending. I figured we needed 3 more starters in FA on defense.

I said this awhile back.

Looks like we got those 3 now!

I'm not so sure you said this awhile back.....but I agree with you :)

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Could not agree more.

Remember when the narrative was the poor former GM could not be blamed for not signing free agents because free agents refused to sign with Green Bay?

Wonder if the weather got better in NE Wisconsin or if something else happened at the start of 2018?

Climate change.  The real savior of free agency in Green Bay.

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Are you more excited about paying him 11 all in. We save 3.3 by cutting him and if we designate him a post June 1 cut we save over 10.