2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Patriots -

6 points in second half versus Texans.
3 points in first half against the Jaguars.
3 points in first half against the Lions.
7 points in second half versus Lions.
0 points in second half versus Titans.
6 points in second half versus Dolphins.
7 points in first half versus Steelers.
3 points in second half versus Steelers.

EIGHT HALVES of football ermergerd, the Pertrierts scerred 7 pernts er ferer in 8 HERVES erv fertberl, ermergerd! 

That's half the season!  Ermergerd! 

The Patriots scored 7 or fewer points against the Texans, Jaguars, Lions, Titans, Dolphins, Steelers.  They need to draft offense and trade for Anternier Brown. 

Saints

3 in first half against the Browns.
7 in first half against Ravens.
0 in first half against Cowboys.
3 in first half against Buccaneers.
6 in first half against Panthers.
6 in second half against Panthers.
0 in first half against the Panthers.

Ermergerd, the Saints scored 7 or fewer points 7 times!  7 times! 

It's an overreaction.  Your attempt to paint a bleak picture is laughable. 

The Packers were the 15th best offense in the NFL.  That's a fact.  You can go to whichever ill-conceived doomsday statistic device you want, but as I've just shown, your attempt makes it look not so great.  We could go into next season with literally the same players and expect a marked improvement due to a new scheme and new head coach, but you'll never acknowledge that. 

I could careless about what New England or New Orleans did or didn't do.  Having a couple games of a struggling offense and a season worth aren't the same conversation.  It's funny that you'll use quality offenses to rationalize ours, a unit that has watched New Orleans and New England in the playoffs for the last 2 years from the comfort of their couches.  

I'm not painting anything. Our offense was terrible last year.  If you think that it was good enough and acceptable, more power to you.  It's down right comical how the offense is good enough with nothing more than improvement from within but the defense is in need of 100% of our draft assets.  The same defense that has seen 13 of our 16 top 4 draft picks over the last 4 years with no improvement.  

I not sure how anyone could have objectively watched the way we were laughed off our own field against Arizona and said, "Yup, the ONLY thing that offense needs is some improvement from within"

You are completely right.  I will NEVER acknowledge that our offense was good enough as is last year given how unwatchable it was for long stretches.    

No, that's a ranking, not a "fact".  That ranking could jump 4 or 5 spots in a week in which our offense failed to score a first half point.  That doesn't mean it was a quality offensive showing, it means you gained a lot of meaningless yards whiling failing to do what it takes to win games.  You don't win games because of yards, you win games because of points and our offense went long stretches last year completely incapable of scoring them.  Crosby is made out to be the goat against Detroit but it was the ineptness of our offense that required to be bailed out by a kicker because of their inability to score points.  

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What's your preferred order given the choice? 

Using the number above, I'd go: 

1, 5, 3, 4, 2

Not considering money, 1 - 2 - 5 - 3 - 4

Considering money, 3 - 2 - 5 - 1 - 4

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Patriots -

6 points in second half versus Texans.
3 points in first half against the Jaguars.
3 points in first half against the Lions.
7 points in second half versus Lions.
0 points in second half versus Titans.
6 points in second half versus Dolphins.
7 points in first half versus Steelers.
3 points in second half versus Steelers.

EIGHT HALVES of football ermergerd, the Pertrierts scerred 7 pernts er ferer in 8 HERVES erv fertberl, ermergerd! 

That's half the season!  Ermergerd! 

The Patriots scored 7 or fewer points against the Texans, Jaguars, Lions, Titans, Dolphins, Steelers.  They need to draft offense and trade for Anternier Brown. 

Saints

3 in first half against the Browns.
7 in first half against Ravens.
0 in first half against Cowboys.
3 in first half against Buccaneers.
6 in first half against Panthers.
6 in second half against Panthers.
0 in first half against the Panthers.

Ermergerd, the Saints scored 7 or fewer points 7 times!  7 times! 

It's an overreaction.  Your attempt to paint a bleak picture is laughable. 

The Packers were the 15th best offense in the NFL.  That's a fact.  You can go to whichever ill-conceived doomsday statistic device you want, but as I've just shown, your attempt makes it look not so great.  We could go into next season with literally the same players and expect a marked improvement due to a new scheme and new head coach, but you'll never acknowledge that. 

I don’t know. Expecting coaching to completely change the outcome is what a lot of fans of bad teams expect. Looking at things glass half empty, our O roster compared to the early part of the decade is bad (especially from a pedigree standpoint..  we’ve used 3 second round or higher picks on O since like 2012). Although it is nice we are trying to help a weakness (D) it is frustratibg knowing that skilled position players we invest high in with AR pan out. The last second round pick skill position player we drafted round 2 or higher who didn’t make a pro bowl was Brandon Jackson (Cobb, Jordy, Jennings, lacy). I’d rather be great again at something than meh on both sides.

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What's your preferred order given the choice? 

Using the number above, I'd go: 

1, 5, 3, 4, 2

Probably 1, 2, or 3.  Not sure I'm fond of Gipson based on what I'd anticipate the Jaguars would want in return for him.  Not a huge fan of Amos in general.

Just now, SSG said:

I'm not painting anything. Our offense was terrible last year.

Lol, no it wasn't.  It was literally above average in almost every category.

14th in points.
12th in yards.
9th in passing yards.
22nd in rushing yards. 

If you're too stupid, stubborn or both to actually have the slightest amount of capacity for perspective, that's your fault. 

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Weddle and Collins wouldn't count against compensatory picks either, right?

No - they wouldn't. However, if we were to sign either player it wouldnt prevent the Packers from sending their previous team(s) a wheel of cheddar....or a case of bratwurst. Just to be neighborly :)

Archived