2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, OnaBadger58 said:

I'd rather keep our current situation than add Stewart to the roster. Just a dirty, dirty player. 

Our current situation (at Safety?). I didnt realize we even had a situation at Safety - other than we have no Safeties.

We should be holding a job fair for Safeties.

"Tired of stocking shelves and think you can play Safety in the NFL? Look us up!"

ESPN: "Stewart originally signed with the Broncos in 2015 and missed just three games in those four years. A respected voice in the locker room, Stewart had at least 56 tackles each season and finished with nine interceptions"

I never saw the guy play - but he's got some stats at least - and apparently, isnt shy about hitting people - which would be a pleasant change of pace for us.

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

And it begins!

Good move, Brown was actually our second best EDGE player in those final few games. Good player to have in camp for a backup role.

I definitely wanted Fadol back in camp, but why not just let him play on the exclusive rights tag for super cheap? What's the upside, was someone still able to sign him or something? 

19 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I definitely wanted Fadol back in camp, but why not just let him play on the exclusive rights tag for super cheap? What's the upside, was someone still able to sign him or something? 

Not sure, I don't think anyone else could sign him as an ERFA. They still would have had to tender him and he ultimately would just sign the tender. Maybe GB just wanted to bypass that process given a mutual interest to keep him around. 

I don't have a link, but I read that the Packers re-signed Justin McCray.  It is probably a good move.  He has played in 25 games and started 13 over the last two seasons, at RG and RT.  He is still just 27 (when the season starts) and pretty cheap.  Ideally, we find a long term starter in the draft and McCray is some quality depth.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Smart move. McCray is a decent backup player who can play multiple positions in a pinch. Has no business starting another game (unless due to injury), but provides solid depth.

Beat me to it!

I also think that we could get away with him starting at RG, provided that Bulaga and Linsley stay healthy.  

McCray.  Still have to believe that there is some upside there.  Lane Taylor developed over time, nice to see GB is giving more time to McCray.

Brown...at the end of the last year, he was playing enough.  And he was producing.  Didn't show in tackles, but he was winning some match ups.  I was watching games, seeing him win and wondering who the heck was this Brown kid.  Can't hurt having him around camp.

McCray is signed to back up IOL.  I'm telling ya....Siragusa (barring a higher draft pick) is going to be RG.

This should get a couple chuckles, but our OL is better than people want to admit.  It seemed like half the sacks we gave up were because ARodg held on to the ball too long.  Taylor played hurt, Linsley is above average and Bak/Bulaga are top 5 tandem.  Plucking Siragusa off of the Ravens was a steal.

32 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

McCray is signed to back up IOL.  I'm telling ya....Siragusa (barring a higher draft pick) is going to be RG.

This should get a couple chuckles, but our OL is better than people want to admit.  It seemed like half the sacks we gave up were because ARodg held on to the ball too long.  Taylor played hurt, Linsley is above average and Bak/Bulaga are top 5 tandem.  Plucking Siragusa off of the Ravens was a steal.

I have high hopes for Siragusa, and it would be absolutely excellent for him to develop into a good G. Still a ways to go before he has shown he can be something to rely on though.

19 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Suh unlikely to be back in LA. Think he's my #2 want behind Mathieu 

I've got mixed feelings about Suh.  He's going to be expensive and I don't dig the fact that his motor isn't always running.  But dang, when his motor is running, he's dominate.  IMO LAR shoring up their run defense late last year and in the playoffs was the result of Suh flipping on his "I'll give a SH!t now" switch.  

Archived