2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Apparently Tom Silverstein is reporting Clay is still in play for Green Bay if he comes back at the right price.

As long as that price is under 5 million I'd be OK with it. Somehow I don't see that as happening given what is going on. 

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Most of them sounded like heavy yr 1 cap hits too 

Well, the "includes x dollars over n years" numbers are n years worth of salaries plus the signing bonus.   SB gets prorated over all the years so some of this is going to be paid for by guys coming off the cap in the future.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Between those two? How can you cut the guy with double digit sacks?

Trade him? Some idiot would give you a pick based on production. Seriously though, I think Fackrell will play a lot for us. I think he can help at ILB in a pinch because he can move and is not a total liability in coverage. Love to see Donnerson harness some of that athletic ability and make a serious push for a roster spot. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

As long as that price is under 5 million I'd be OK with it. Somehow I don't see that as happening given what is going on. 

With two edges in free agency.  Fackrell and some really nice draft capital, that price has to be near league minimum for me to want him back.

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

How do you think Mike McCarthy feels right now seeing all these free agents go to GB?

Underappreciated, but who cares. He was a below average HC. How do I know this? How many offers did he get this off season? How many interviews did he get? 1. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

With two edges in free agency.  Fackrell and some really nice draft capital, that price has to be near league minimum for me to want him back.

We're probably not bringing him back as an EDGE. We're probably bringing him back as a utility player. Sure he'll get plenty of reps at EDGE, but I could see Pettine dialing up some exotic blitz packages where Clay would be lined up all over the place. Plus, he'd be an incredible help in the middle on running downs IMHO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Underappreciated, but who cares. He was a below average HC. How do I know this? How many offers did he get this off season? How many interviews did he get? 1. 

Going to be two interviews after he interviews with the WIAA to try and be able to go to highschool basketball games to watch his stepson next year.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rapoport: The Vikings are signing LB Anthony Barr to a 5-year deal worth $67.5M, source said. With incentives it can be worth $77.5M. He gets $33M in guarantees. And back home.

Pretty much proves this guys lack of character. He agreed to a deal then backed out. The Jets probably would have went all in on another player and wind up missing out. 

• Like 1