2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

Most of them sounded like heavy yr 1 cap hits too 

Hard to tell because a lot of that "year one" money might be signing bonus that will be spread over over the life of the deal, so the cap hit probably not a big as it looks. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

KGB tweeted at Le'Veon Bell and said "can I tell them yet? Make us proud" and because he played for Oakland from 03-04 apparently this suggests hes a raider but lets not forget he was a Packer and Bells twitter just turned to Green lmao

Wasn't it his brother Akbarr GB that tweeted it?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm rooting for him.  Would love the comp pick.

Both Smiths are one year younger than him.  FWIW.

26 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya. I love that all the free agents are young.

Let's say it...young AND ascending!  If we say it enough, it has to happen!  Love the pressures that they generated last year.

• Like 1

Ian Rapoport: While the Jets made a best and final offer to Le’Veon Bell, the Ravens are still in it, as well, I’m told. And Bell has indicated to some friends around the league how much he likes Baltimore. It seems like Ravens vs. Jets for Bell at the end.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Could we still bring back one of Wilkerson, Perry or Matthews? I think that would be great for depth if they came back cheap.

Depends on where we sit with the cap, which we won't know until probably tomorrow when the deals are signed. The Packers obviously already have this information so if they sign anyone else between now and then, that means they have the cap room needed. 

• Like 1

Who gets cut at the end of camp Donnerson or Sackrell? I'm assuming Gilbert will be cut as well and we'll get 2 EDGE guys in the draft. Not sure it's at 12 as we were all sort of predicting prior to today. 

Edited by Golfman

14 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Still not understanding the Billy Turner signing can some one enlighten me? We definitely have a need and Im not sure he takes care of it.

I remember a lot of people around these woods liking him A LOT during that draft. Was rumored Packers liked him too. Clearly that still holds true.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Apparently Tom Silverstein is reporting Clay is still in play for Green Bay if he comes back at the right price.

Would be excellent. Rotational guy and depth we can never enough of.

Edited by Bullet Club