2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

51 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Just curious about this, care to elaborate? I hadn't heard anything. 

After the Detroit game at the end of that last year with Damarious (the same year he walked off the field vs Chi) HHCD said in his exit interview there were guys in the locker room who didn't care about winning and were just here to try and get stats and make the Pro Bowl most connected he was referring to Damarious. Then he gets traded a month later. Whole thing is ironic because the very next year HHCD had a very Damarious like quit on the team season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cannondale said:

Hope this can put an end to the nonsense of wanting this guy on the Packers

It won't.  There will still be people who would not only trade for him, but they would trade 30th overall for him.  Antonio Brown is talking himself out of a first ballot hall of fame induction. 

8 hours ago, cannondale said:

It's funny how they just picked what they wanted out of what he said. While I agree, that it wasn't a good look for Brown there were other things that were said in that statement that should have been added as well. What he's saying is true, he doesn't need to play if he doesn't want to. He's made more than enough money playing and through endorsements that it's no longer a need for him but its a want (which he actually stated he WANTS to continue to play). Now, I never thought he was going to be a fit with Green Bay after his ownership mentality comments about Big Ben. However, the way I look at this is that AB is saying trade me to a contender or I'm retiring. He's essentially trying to get say in something he currently has no say in. Nothing more, nothing less.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, HighCalebR said:

Anybody down to take a poke at Carlos Hyde for a late pick?

Why?  We can pay $4.7M for a 3rd string RB, or we can spend a late Day 3 pick on a RB and pay him less than $1M for similar production.  In no way does Hyde make any level of sense for the Packers.

• Like 3

For fun....what would Nick Perry get in this market?

I go back and forth on releasing him.  I'm not more inclined to keep him, given what Graham got.  I'm more in the camp of getting him healthy and seeing what he can do in this scheme versus letting him go.....  Thoughts?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I go back and forth on releasing him.  I'm not more inclined to keep him, given what Graham got.  I'm more in the camp of getting him healthy and seeing what he can do in this scheme versus letting him go.....  Thoughts?

It's so hard to tell anymore. Probably more than he's worth though.

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

It's funny how they just picked what they wanted out of what he said. While I agree, that it wasn't a good look for Brown there were other things that were said in that statement that should have been added as well. What he's saying is true, he doesn't need to play if he doesn't want to. He's made more than enough money playing and through endorsements that it's no longer a need for him but its a want (which he actually stated he WANTS to continue to play). Now, I never thought he was going to be a fit with Green Bay after his ownership mentality comments about Big Ben. However, the way I look at this is that AB is saying trade me to a contender or I'm retiring. He's essentially trying to get say in something he currently has no say in. Nothing more, nothing less.

You certainly have a glass half full view of his comments. 

Not to diminish the other garbage he said but "play by my rules" is the death blow. He is a complete moron. He better be happy not to play, because I don't think he'll get the chance. Of course he can always whine about being blackballed later

Edited by cannondale

10 hours ago, cannondale said:

It fell apart to me when the extension came up. I was all for it before that.

Brown is either really stupid, or he's tanking the trade value so he doesn't screw his new team

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

You certainly have a glass half full view of his comments. 

Not to diminish the other garbage he said but "play by my rules" is the death blow. He is a complete moron. He better be happy not to play, because I don't think he'll get the chance. Of course he can always whine about being blackballed later

I think you're wrong about not getting a chance to play again. Dont see that happening at all. Im just not taking his comments to heart. Prior to any of this he wasnt actually a divva through most of his career imho.

Edited by Nick_gb

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

At this point the way his contract is structured I believe he’s playing for a new deal and that the Packers would cut him next year for sure if his production does not improve. Therefore I believe we should keep him see if he can improve his numbers this year and then see what we can get potentially in a trade next year. Anything is better than nothing