MNF game moved from Mexico to LA due to field conditions

Manny/Patrick

10 minutes ago, footballfan81 said:

Chiefs fan in San Diego - was all set to attend this game (booked hotel yesterday) so devastated by the news.

Received an email from vividseats stating that they would be refunding me the game tickets in 3 to 5 business days.

Seems fishy that they didn't move the game to Estado Olympoci Universitario stadium - it's also in Mexico City and seats 72K.  Finally an International game between two legit teams and it gets moved back states side. 

Still going to Mexico City and not watching the game.  

I mean, it's not the NFL's fault that the they destroyed the turf of their stadium during a concert. Irresponsible scheduling tbh.

16 minutes ago, footballfan81 said:

Chiefs fan in San Diego - was all set to attend this game (booked hotel yesterday) so devastated by the news.

Received an email from vividseats stating that they would be refunding me the game tickets in 3 to 5 business days.

Seems fishy that they didn't move the game to Estado Olympoci Universitario stadium - it's also in Mexico City and seats 72K.  Finally an International game between two legit teams and it gets moved back states side. 

Still going to Mexico City and not watching the game.  

It would be easily done if both stadiums have the same capacity and seating location aka twin stadiums.  The one with bad field holds 87k capacity and the one you mentioned holds 72k capacity.  If the game was sold out then how would they decide on which 10k unfortunate people who could not go to EOU stadium?   Dunno how it works but returning back to LA cleans up tickets good.   I am sorry about your mishap but have a fun over there. Stay safe, dude.

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, it's not the NFL's fault that the they destroyed the turf of their stadium during a concert. Irresponsible scheduling tbh.

For sure not the NFL's fault.  But from what I've read, field conditions became a concern in October.  Sucks that it wasn't addressed because I was looking forward for Mexico City finally getting a marquee matchup and not some Bills Jags BS.

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It would be easily done if both stadiums have the same capacity and seating location aka twin stadiums.  The one with bad field holds 87k capacity and the one you mentioned holds 72k capacity.  If the game was sold out then how would they decide on which 10k unfortunate people who could not go to EOU stadium?   Dunno how it works but returning back to LA cleans up tickets good.   I am sorry about your mishap but have a fun over there. Stay safe, dude.

Good point.  All I can do now is laugh and enjoy the trip.  Plus we get one extra day to do things since we won't be spending it watching a football game.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

If NFL must fulfill the contract with Mexico City on s certain number of NFL games in that city then Patriots vs Jets should play there in two weeks.  Jets deserve it since they blow.

I'm thinking ...

Detroit Lions. 

vs 

Buffalo Bills.

The match up Latin America is dying to see!

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

Or take away a home game from an existing fan base

To be fair, it's not like the Rams, Chargers, or Jaguars have much of a local fan base.

I know watching the Chargers home game in London this season it seemed like there were more Chargers fans in the crowd than there usually is at Chargers "home" games at StubHub.

Archived