You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

@Outpost31 

The 4-5 year window is a decent argument but I prefer stability.

Jim DESTROYED the locker room. Guys were prematurely retiring all over the place. In his time with SF he had more players coming out against him than Mac has his entire time here. 

They say winning cures everything but by the end of his tenure the drama levels were getting out of control.

I'd pass, but I got my answer on why people would want him I suppose.

There's no owner here either which might appeal to JH.

Here's my thing...

The offense has been stagnant for 3 seasons now and certain people want to blame it all on the supposed lack of talent and the ignorance of our QB and excuse the ignorance of our HC as a result. Good coaches adjust to the talent, they don't continue to try and stick a square peg in a round hole. Everything in this offense is attacking the boundary and we continually fail to use our TEs. We rely far too much on the talent "winning" routes than anything else. We've also gotten scared of running designed, natural pick plays for fear of penalty despite the rest of the league almost running them weekly. You wanna blame Aaron for looking for the big play all the time and relying on the scramble drill? Well, who instilled that in him? He's certainly not the only person to blame for that. 

The running back carousel crap is/was 100% on Mac. There's no other way to skin that cat. 

Mac brings some good things and nobody can deny that, but he also brought bad habits and an over reliance on individual ability with his offensive philosophies. He has to take a majority of the blame because that's his friggin' job. When Aaron was hurt, we started with quick hitting plays over the middle of the field. Once he was able to move again, they suddenly stopped. Is that on Aaron or Mac? Truth is...there's no way of telling. Mac calls the plays and if Aaron is changing them too damn much, that's on Mac to get him reined in. 

If execution is an issue, perhaps you should dumb down the offense until they get to a point where they can properly execute it? Run simpler routes for the wide receivers. Call quick hitting pass plays rather than these dumb slow developing routes that rely on the scramble drill because they can't separate enough. I dunno.

The simple thing is...there's not one person to point blame to but, as the head coach, just like a manager or another boss, the responsibility falls on you and, if the team's performance suffers, you lose your job. 

There is nothing wrong with thinking that, at some point, things become stagnant and coaches lose the locker room or players that control that locker room. No matter how good a coach may or may not be, if his message falls on deaf ears, then what good is he in that locker room? 

I don't know. I'm trying to express my feelings towards the matter without being a **** just so people can stop assuming that it's an "agenda" in regards to Mac. It's not. It's a legitimate concern and frustration of seeing the same thing almost every year and little to no changes happening. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

6 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Is McCarthy's contract up this season?  If so, those of you who would like to keep him- how long do you extend his contract?  How many more years do you give him to bring the team back to a top 5 team capable of winning a SB?

He has 1 year left, but yes it is essentially up. You never see coaches go into their final year without an extension in the off-season.

I don't want Pettine back if McCarthy is gone.  If McCarthy is gone, literally everybody has to be gone.  If McCarthy is fired, it's a two year rebuild minimum with two years minimum between a shot at a Super Bowl. 

I don't want a single thing returning. 

Let Clay prove he's still got something somewhere else and get us a fourth round compensatory pick.
Let Cobb get us a 5th round compensatory pick.
Cut Perry after June first.

Let a new DC pick the third cornerstone of his defense.  Literally no defensive coordinator in the league doesn't have a spot for Alexander or Clark, so let him pick his third piece.  Safety, EDGE, whichever.

I also hope we switch to a 4-3. 

I can see the desire for a new HC now.  Sucks to sacrifice next year and not have a shot at a Super Bowl next year, but change could help. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't want Pettine back if McCarthy is gone.  If McCarthy is gone, literally everybody has to be gone.  If McCarthy is fired, it's a two year rebuild minimum with two years minimum between a shot at a Super Bowl. 

Let Clay prove he's still got something somewhere else and get us a fourth round compensatory pick.

Let a new DC pick the third cornerstone of his defense.  Literally no defensive coordinator in the league doesn't have a spot for Alexander or Clark, so let him pick his third piece.  Safety, EDGE, whichever.

I can see the desire for a new HC now.  Sucks to sacrifice next year and not have a shot at a Super Bowl next year, but change could help. 

If anything Pettine has been the shining light in this season. i don't think i'd be too disappointed if we kept him and get a new Offensive minded coach. Now if we got a defensive coach sure.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

5spysfqa00x01.jpg

Archived