Week 11 GDT

Gannon12

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's okay...we still have to rely on them actually taking Bosa, which is not a guarantee. But even if they do, I'm not opposed to grabbing some of the other players. I mean, honestly, I'm not going to be opposed to taking one of the DTs, even though it's not precisely what we need. If you're willing to keep Buck / Williams or Oliver on the field even in base (I mean, Oliver can probably be an undersized base NT, yeah?), and we can cut Oliver's athleticism loose in a pass rushing sense, that could still be considerably better. Especially if we add an edge rusher than through free agency. 

Yea only hope at this point is they trade Carr and go QB 1st overall. I'm not a fan of taking one of the DTs, usually, I'm all BPA but an interior guy is really the least important position we need to address on this team outside of QB. It just seems so wasteful.  I'd still rather reach for an EDGE guy or take a corner like Greedy if Lynch and co really don't think any EDGE guys are worth it.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

That was as much McCoy, too though.  The predictability.  You saw the exact same thing from the Cardinals for the 1st half of the season this year until he got canned.

Yep. And Lynn, on the other hand, had unbelievable running games in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think if he's on a better team throughout the majority of his career, he may make it over Moss / Owens in that 2/3 conversation. He really is an all timer. 

Larry is top 5 all time. Don't care what other people think.

Just now, Geek said:

Yea only hope at this point is they trade Carr and go QB 1st overall. I'm not a fan of taking one of the DTs, usually, I'm all BPA but an interior guy is really the least important position we need to address on this team outside of QB. It just seems so wasteful.  I'd still rather reach for an EDGE guy or take a corner like Greedy if Lynch and co really don't think any EDGE guys are worth it.

Yeah, but those interior guys are pass rushers. Well, with Oliver you're more or less projecting that he is, but based on his athleticism, you could potentially be talking an almost Aaron Donald type ceiling. LIS, if you're willing to play him full time, he and Buckner on the interior could be sick. And you have to think of the benefit - there's just no way you can double Buckner at that point any longer, and that is the one weakness in Buckner's game, so he gets better than he already is. Now obviously, there's no guarantee that someone like Oliver or Williams is even close to Donald, that should go without saying. But if they have that kind of talent, I think you just have to do it rather than reach on the edge. I certainly don't love it, but I definitely wouldn't consider it wasteful to be honest. 

Archived