Week 11 GDT

Gannon12

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's okay...we still have to rely on them actually taking Bosa, which is not a guarantee. But even if they do, I'm not opposed to grabbing some of the other players. I mean, honestly, I'm not going to be opposed to taking one of the DTs, even though it's not precisely what we need. If you're willing to keep Buck / Williams or Oliver on the field even in base (I mean, Oliver can probably be an undersized base NT, yeah?), and we can cut Oliver's athleticism loose in a pass rushing sense, that could still be considerably better. Especially if we add an edge rusher than through free agency. 

Or Bosa signing.  It's pretty reasonable to expect he'll have the same agent as his brother and remember how much Joey was holding out on that rookie deal over guarantees - which has been the thing the Raiders (and cash-poor Mark Davis) have been hesitant to actually hand out even when they give out big contracts.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wonder if he'll ever get the credit that he deserves for how great he is. I think his somewhat quiet nature works against him in an age of flashy receivers. 

I think he gets the respect he deserves. Maybe that's just because I hold him in such high regards and assume others do... He's got all time hands, I really doubt we've ever seen the same combination of his ability to make amazing catches to go along with his insane consistency (Odell for example, while he has that knack for amazing catches, still has concentration drops). I'd say he should be considered a top 5 WR in this golden age of WRs and QBs / passing game since the late 90s, and I think most agree.

Just now, The LBC said:

Or Bosa signing.  It's pretty reasonable to expect he'll have the same agent as his brother and remember how much Joey was holding out on that rookie deal over guarantees - which has been the thing the Raiders (and cash-poor Mark Davis) have been hesitant to actually hand out even when they give out big contracts.

He will pay him bowl cut won’t let this one slip away 

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think he gets the respect he deserves. Maybe that's just because I hold him in such high regards and assume others do... He's got all time hands, I really doubt we've ever seen the same combination of his ability to make amazing catches to go along with his insane consistency (Odell for example, while he has that knack for amazing catches, still has concentration drops). I'd say he should be considered a top 5 WR in this golden age of WRs and QBs / passing game since the late 90s, and I think most agree.

I think if he's on a better team throughout the majority of his career, he may make it over Moss / Owens in that 2/3 conversation. He really is an all timer. 

Archived