Week 11 GDT

Gannon12

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think it's Whiz. Lynn is arguably the best in the NFL at coordinating a running game imo.

Whiz was here for two years (total) under McCoy.  That second year saw Gordon make the huge step forward from his rookie season, and the biggest reason had to be that we were no longer completely predictable on offense.  Under Reich, the way we lined up telegraphed where we were going to run.  So we saw defenders swarming the gap before the RB could even make it to the line of scrimmage on nearly every run play.

Just now, Forge said:

I'm actively rooting against my fantasy team just so the raiders get the win (I have the Cards defense and Rosen playing). That's dedication to my niners. It's a $500 league LOL

I'm doing the same that the Cards don't win.  Another team has Kirk and DJ and them winning (they're in a tight battle) basically sets me up to get paid off no matter what this season if I win one more game next week (which would sew up the #1 playoff seed for me).

1 minute ago, Neutral2 said:

Whiz was here for two years (total) under McCoy.  That second year saw Gordon make the huge step forward from his rookie season, and the biggest reason had to be that we were no longer completely predictable on offense.  Under Reich, the way we lined up telegraphed where we were going to run.  So we saw defenders swarming the gap before the RB could even make it to the line of scrimmage on nearly every run play.

That was as much McCoy, too though.  The predictability.  You saw the exact same thing from the Cardinals for the 1st half of the season this year until he got canned.

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Not necessarily true. This year, the more Wentz has been reliant on Ertz, the worse the team has been doing. However, if Ertz isn't getting at least 6 targets and converteing 66% of more of them to receptions then the Eagles are in trouble.

Far enough. I'll take your word on it.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

That was as much McCoy, too though.  The predictability.  You saw the exact same thing from the Cardinals for the 1st half of the season this year until he got canned.

Oh, for sure.  Only Spanos would have given McCoy a fourth year.

Just now, Geek said:

The Raiders are freaking unbelievable... I knew this was going to happen but they still made me hope they would win.

It's okay...we still have to rely on them actually taking Bosa, which is not a guarantee. But even if they do, I'm not opposed to grabbing some of the other players. I mean, honestly, I'm not going to be opposed to taking one of the DTs, even though it's not precisely what we need. If you're willing to keep Buck / Williams or Oliver on the field even in base (I mean, Oliver can probably be an undersized base NT, yeah?), and we can cut Oliver's athleticism loose in a pass rushing sense, that could still be considerably better. Especially if we add an edge rusher than through free agency. 

Archived