Who are the best power backs you've seen?

Hunter2_1

I'm talking power backs. All RBs have power, but I mean the ones where their power-run game defined them, or it was/is their strongest attribute (for example, I wouldn't class LT as a power back despite him having loads of power, because it was more his all-round/agility that was his forte).

Something like;

Jim Brown* (he can be classed as a power back, right? 6'2 / 230 in them days. And I've only seen footage, but wow) *

Marshawn Lynch

Jerome Bettis

Larry Csonka  ( @freak_of_nature...one for you)

Eddie George

Jamal Lewis (for a season or two)

Bonus: not so good, but brutal power anyway; Brandon Jacobs, Mike Alstott, LeGarrette Blount - fun fun fun

I consider AD a power back cuz that was his best strength. So I'll go with him as he is special RB and the best this decade

Marshawn Lynch was great to watch and his run against the Saints will go down as a top 10 moment in nfl history for me so I think he's great and had a legendary impact

Shout-out to Michael Turner because he would destroy the Panthers every time they played.  I wonder what his career numbers would have looked like if he didn't spend 4 years playing behind LDT.  

In his first 4 years with the Falcons, he averaged 1320 yards and 12 touchdowns at 4.4 YPC.  He probably would have eclipsed 10,000 career yards comfortably if not for those early years.  Dude had some wheels for a bigger back too.

2 hours ago, Livewire said:

Earl Campbell.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea people need to throw his highlight reelz on and wait to be amazed. Not a better powerback ever then Earl Campbell.

Only correct answer...

Archived