GDT: Oakland @ Baltimore

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

I have nothing against the Raiders,” Crabtree said after the game. “As a matter of fact, I love the Raiders. I love them all. I love the guy upstairs, Mark Davis. I have nothing but love for him"

classy quote by Crab after the game. Wish he was still here over the corpse that is Jordy Nelson. At least Crab and Carr had chemistry....another dumb move by gruden.

oh and Ryan Switzer has more catches than Nelson, too.

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah I'm v disappointed in coaching.

Also, it really stings seeing Parker go out there and be so bad knowing we even traded up for him. Like, I understand he is not ready to start. But we did not do anything to insulate ourselves from that risk. Penn was garbage at RT to the point I could have seen him benched and then first in line after that would have been Parker. I can get behind the idea of double dipping at OT in the draft to protect your QB but the plan was half baked. And did they really not think to give the poor guy  help after the consecutive sacks?

He played really well for 3 quarters and then fell apart. Hey he’s a rookie, it’s a learning experience.

19 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I have nothing against the Raiders,” Crabtree said after the game. “As a matter of fact, I love the Raiders. I love them all. I love the guy upstairs, Mark Davis. I have nothing but love for him"

classy quote by Crab after the game. Wish he was still here over the corpse that is Jordy Nelson. At least Crab and Carr had chemistry....another dumb move by gruden.

oh and Ryan Switzer has more catches than Nelson, too.

You think Reggie had nothing to do with getting a player from Green Bay?

Parker is a bust. Kolton will be good. We need another tackle. Keep the rest of the line.  Biggest needs are on defense. We aren't good at any position on defense. We should just take the best defense player available in whatever position he plays. We need impact. Personally, I like Conley and Joseph. They aren't great but they flash. Conley is very inexperienced I'd stick with both of them. I like the physicality Joseph plays with. 

If we could get Earl Thomas, (assuming he can recover from injury, and  we get him at a decent price)  and then take best three defense players available in the first round. OT in the second and offensive skill guys later on I'd be happy. I have been a Raider fan since the 70's, and I have always thought of us as a team that created its identity on defense. The Raider mystique was ferocious, intimidating, physical defense and big plays on offense with a sneaky good running game. I would love to return to being a team that hangs its hat on defense. 

We need impact players on defense. If we are gonna stick with Carr next year we don't draft a QB, and we worry about the defense and then oline as our top priority. WR,RB,TE, are luxuries at this point.

7 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Parker is a bust. Kolton will be good. We need another tackle. Keep the rest of the line.  Biggest needs are on defense. We aren't good at any position on defense. We should just take the best defense player available in whatever position he plays. We need impact. Personally, I like Conley and Joseph. They aren't great but they flash. Conley is very inexperienced I'd stick with both of them. I like the physicality Joseph plays with. 

If we could get Earl Thomas, (assuming he can recover from injury, and  we get him at a decent price)  and then take best three defense players available in the first round. OT in the second and offensive skill guys later on I'd be happy. I have been a Raider fan since the 70's, and I have always thought of us as a team that created its identity on defense. The Raider mystique was ferocious, intimidating, physical defense and big plays on offense with a sneaky good running game. I would love to return to being a team that hangs its hat on defense. 

We need impact players on defense. If we are gonna stick with Carr next year we don't draft a QB, and we worry about the defense and then oline as our top priority. WR,RB,TE, are luxuries at this point.

Whilst Parker has been terrible on occasion, he's still a 3rd round pick from a small school thrust into a maelstrom on the OL in a shambles of a team. He may well be proven to be a bust in a year or two but halfway through his first season in these circumstances is way too early to tell. Plenty of linemen have eye opening rookie seasons and still mould into solid starters.

I agree we need to add another tackle, I'd even consider resigning Penn depending upon how he looks and if he wants to carry on as he did take a paycut and move position for the team. We shouldn't really be starting twin rookie tackles if we had a choice.

Conley and Joseph I like too, though Joseph is limited and we need a good scheme for him he ought to be an impact player. Safety is an undervalued position in my eyes, a good ball player who knows how to organise like Thomas can make a world of difference in the back end - see the impact a seasoned Charles Woodson had for our secondary, like a coach on the field. Agree with the Defense and mystique comments :)

I think between Martin, Warren, Richard and Washington we have some options if lynch call it a day so I'm not so worried about RB though if a Gurley fell into our laps I'd have to take a serious look. TE I think we can put on hold for a year as Cook and Smith are good for now 

We absolutely, definitively need WR and DL, particularly solid edge players in the draft or FA. They would be my two priorities with LB and CB following. I'm convinced Carr is a good QB caught in a terrible situation and playing well below what he should. He's not the problem here, he definitely could play better but we can have an awful lot worse (for those that don't remember the immediate post Gannon years).

I refuse to judge Parker who shouldn't be starting. He's a small school player, converting from the left to right side, undersized and was raw coming out. He's been forced into action this season. 

Also... I refuse to judge the Oline with Cable coaching it. And if he's not fired this offseason, I give up on Gruden. Old Gruden would have fired him 6 weeks ago. Look at these numbers. How do you even hire this bum in the first place?

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I refuse to judge Parker who shouldn't be starting. He's a small school player, converting from the left to right side, undersized and was raw coming out. He's been forced into action this season. 

Also... I refuse to judge the Oline with Cable coaching it. And if he's not fired this offseason, I give up on Gruden. Old Gruden would have fired him 6 weeks ago. Look at these numbers. How do you even hire this bum in the first place?

Exactly now Seattle has the number 1 rushing attack with him gone.

I honestly do not understand how Cable is highly-regarded around the league. I've heard multiple broadcasts praising him and mentioning him as one of the best line coaches around. Whaaaaa???

It's so painfully awful how bad he is, yet he continually get's jobs. We are doomed until he is gone.

One thing on Carr, his pocket movement is getting better. Him having a garbage line is probably better for him. Now he has to move around more if he can keep that and the line improves the passing game could be better. Also, i cannot think of a team with worse WRs than the Raiders. 

Somethings are so easily predictable and yet, so many try to justify them.

Things that made no sense to me at the time and have played out predictably 

Cable - terrible hire. Retread coach with horrible track record

Nelson - Old, slow injury riddled WR 

Whitehead - one dimensional LB who sucks in coverage. 9 mil guaranteed smh

Gilchrist - horrible his last 2 seasons with the Jets/Texans - why would he rebound at this age?

Keith Smith - converted LB. No ball skills. Cost Raiders 2 games

35 minutes ago, 808sinfour4time said:

Isn't the more salient question: who got rid of Crabtree?

It was time to move on from Crabtree. But it should have been to get younger. Allen Robinson was what I hoped for. 25, coming off injury. Take chances on these types vs. some old has beens

Archived