POST GAME GB at MIN week 12 (24-17 Loss, 4-6-1)

squire12

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I think you are alluding to the problem we have with Rodgers at the moment.  He was paid to be able to deliver the goods with a shaky OL and young receivers.  Most QBs can play well with a good OL/WRs.  Doesn't mean this is permanent, we may get Godgers back but as of now he isn't living up to his salary.

But what QB plays well with a OL that is a sieve and WRs that are young and make mistakes like not  being where AR expects them to be?  Rodgers isn't without fault.  It does take 11 guys to be on the same page for your offense to be productive.

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

To be fair he hasn’t exactly impressed anyone with two function thumbs lately either. 

His catch rate is the same as it was with Seattle last year, which is a bit alarming.  His targets were on pace with his Seattle years, but his yards would have been his highest going back to his New Orleans day with the exception of 2016.  You want more production out of Jimmy?  Throw it to him more.

Just now, Pugger said:

But what QB plays well with a OL that is a sieve and WRs that are young and make mistakes like not  being where AR expects them to be?  Rodgers isn't without fault.  It does take 11 guys to be on the same page for your offense to be productive.

Probably none.  The OL was really rough tonight with Bahk going in and out.  That guy might be our 2nd most important player behind Rodgers.  

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

His catch rate is the same as it was with Seattle last year, which is a bit alarming.  His targets were on pace with his Seattle years, but his yards would have been his highest going back to his New Orleans day with the exception of 2016.  You want more production out of Jimmy?  Throw it to him more.

No argument there. Can’t imagine the plan when we signed him for what we did was to use him essentially as a decoy like we have for long stretches of this season. Beginning to wonder if any TE can put up gaudy numbers in this system who isn’t an athletic freak like Finley (or Graham used to be). 

Nagler:  Game on the line. Two garbage throws from Rodgers. Unreal.

I agree - and this is why?

He's uninspired? Unmotivated? Not on the same page regards the playcalling?
Why - with the game on the line - does the highest paid QB in all the land chuck two clunkers?

Whats happened here?

10 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Probably none.  The OL was really rough tonight with Bahk going in and out.  That guy might be our 2nd most important player behind Rodgers.  

Indeed he may be.  Does anyone know the extent of Bak' knee injury?  I suppose if he can't play next Sunday it is a good thing we are playing the 9ers...

Just now, Pugger said:

Indeed he may be.  Does anyone know the extent of Bak' knee injury?  I suppose if he can't play next Sunday it is a good thing we are playing the 9ers...

He came back in for a few plays and completely stuffed Griffen so I'd think it's not too bad.  Might sit him anyway though.  

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Nagler:  Game on the line. Two garbage throws from Rodgers. Unreal.

I agree - and this is why?

He's uninspired? Unmotivated? Not on the same page regards the playcalling?
Why - with the game on the line - does the highest paid QB in all the land chuck two clunkers?

Whats happened here?

people bring up the collar bone. I brought up the plant foot. Then I guess there is always the conspiracy theory that he is setting up the final nail in MMs coffin. Personally I dont buy that, hes too competitive. I Think he doesn't trust the situations he is in, and has no go to guy. I like Gute, and I like most of his moves, but I wish we had nelson this season. I think it would clean up more than some might think.

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

people bring up the collar bone. I brought up the plant foot. Then I guess there is always the conspiracy theory that he is setting up the final nail in MMs coffin. Personally I dont buy that, hes too competitive. I Think he doesn't trust the situations he is in, and has no go to guy. I like Gute, and I like most of his moves, but I wish we had nelson this season. I think it would clean up more than some might think.

I think Aaron is going through the usual regression that all aging QB’s go through.  What’s different is that great aging QB’s adapt.  They can still throw downfield - look at Brees, Rothlesberger, and Brady.  They also have staff and a system that caters to their age and strengths, and surrounds them with the personnel to get it done.  

Just now, cannondale said:

I hope Rodgers has MCL surgery after the season. I think that's the only way fans could possibly believe that his knee could be a contributor in playing the hardest position in pro sports

The guy hasn't had a brace in weeks. If it were a problem still, it would be supported mechanically yet. He is also moving way better as of like 4 weeks ago.

Knee isn't an issue any longer.

Archived