POST GAME GB at MIN week 12 (24-17 Loss, 4-6-1)

squire12

Just now, Tperk said:

Maybe a new head coach that is willing to accept input on his new OC and/or QB coach from his 2 time former MVP QB. I think that if we find someone that Rodgers respects and likes and put him in a position to work directly with him, it would cure alot of what seems to be ailing on the offensive side of the ball. I know that isnt really how things should work, ie letting players dictate front office decisions, but this is a little different situation that most around the league.

I'm not sure if you're implying this or not, but it's my personal belief we're getting more of what Aaron wants the offense to be than old stubborn out of touch McCarthy. He needs to be reigned in some but with new ideas to go along with the things that made him special. But you have to make sure he's going along with it

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Seems you and I are the only ones who think this. 

Nah, me too. Been telling people IRL for a while I'm convinced it's going to happen. Though I still have some doubts on the whole deal just because why trade if he's gonna be let go

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

I get you and Leaders sentiment but right now you have to ask yourself what's  the upside of playing Rogers at this point? I get the money aspect but the season is over even if we win out.  Why keep putting Rodgers out there to continue take a beating just for pride and team morale.  Even putting him out there to make him earn his millions is risky at this point.

Do you want to see him end up like Alex Smith? That could happen with his playing style. We made too much of an investment in Rodgers to gamble with his health and career.

If I'm Gute Rodgers goes down in practice this week. I want to see both backups get some action. Next season they need to bring back Clements as Rodgers QB coach if available. Rodgers loved the guy and he hasn't been right since. His mechanics and footwork are horrible. Clements is a guy Rodgers respects and will listen to.  Apparently he was upset when McCarthy fired him.

Right now I'm all about draft position. I want a top 10 pick in a defensive rich draft. This draft could do for us what it did for the Saints in 2017. One good draft class turned that team around. That could be us in 2019, make us a perennial playoff threat and division champion again. Yes I'm in full tank mode.

Aside from the being completely unrealistic, I cannot disagree with the sentiment around this post more.  Putting Rodgers on a pedestal above the rest of the team is exactly what we do not need to do.  How do you tell 52 other guys they have to suit up and put their health on the line for the next 5 games when Rodgers gets to work the clipboard in a nice warm coat from the sideline?  How do you motivate those guys?  How do you expect them to show up motivated next year or to not to question their motivation when the chips are down at any point in time?  This is why ideas like tanking the remainder of the season only exist with internet mouth breathers and not in an organization of competitive men.  No, Rodgers needs to keep competing and at the very least set the right example for this team.  I feel like we experienced this a little bit last year after we shut him down following the Carolina game.

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think fans forget players don't give a **** about our draft position as well. They want to win. Not go home losers every Sunday so we move up 4 slots

I think that fans forget that while winning is important, what players really want is to get paid and go home healthy.

When I was younger, I thought every NFL player "just wanted to win", now?  Money and health, I think, trump winning.  

14 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

If Marrone gets fired I think Jacksonville is going to go hard after him. 

Why are we talking about McCarthy being the next HC of the Browns?  The Browns have a LOT of ties to the Packers' organization with Dorsey and Wolf.

Archived