MNF Hangover- Titans at Texans GDT

CKS97

I think it's going to take a defense with an offense that can put up 30.  KC doesnt play defense, but you have to hold their offense to the mid 20s. 

I doubt any team is going to hold KC to the mid-20s. 

The key to beating KC is scoring 30+, while also generating a couple of negative plays during key moments in the game (which is what both NE and LA did in their wins over KC).

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Texans making run for that 2 seed at this rate, such an easy remaining schedule. 12-4, 13-3 seems very possible. Being the Texans, they will not get an ounce of respect though, right or wrong, and would probably be the biggest home dogs in div round history if they were to draw the 3 seed Pats (and hell, still would be pretty big under dogs if it was the 3 Steelers instead).

I cannot remember the last time I got on the bandwagon of a trendy "surprise" team and it was right. Jags a few years pre-2017, Bucs last year, total flops, but this Texans team looks locked for 10 wins. Easily as much as 12.

You're telling me.  I picked the Texans to win the AFC South at 11-5 before the year started.  I looked pretty foolish when they were 0-3 but wow have things changed since then

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Texans making run for that 2 seed at this rate, such an easy remaining schedule. 12-4, 13-3 seems very possible. Being the Texans, they will not get an ounce of respect though, right or wrong, and would probably be the biggest home dogs in div round history if they were to draw the 3 seed Pats (and hell, still would be pretty big under dogs if it was the 3 Steelers instead).

I cannot remember the last time I got on the bandwagon of a trendy "surprise" team and it was right. Jags a few years pre-2017, Bucs last year, total flops, but this Texans team looks locked for 10 wins. Easily as much as 12.

they could realistically get #2 seed and host a team off of 13 straight wins and still be the underdog. nuts. their schedule has to be one of the easiest in recent memory.

12 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Around 6:39

Wonder if maybe that if Allen doesn't catch it it goes out of bounds/there's no real danger of it being picked = it not being a tight window throw? I dunno. Obviously a great throw by Rivers to place it there but if there were any justification to not count it, I'd assume that'd be it.

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

the grades are misleading.  its better than last year's but not saying much.  it still needs to be addressed big time next year especially at RT.

If this OL broke in five new starters next season, I wouldn't flinch. I think Nick Martin might keep his spot (on the premise that he's looked OK at times and was a highly regarded pick - hasn't lived up to his billing, but hasn't busted out). Outside of that, Davenport, Fulton, Kelemete and Lamm are all replaceable (and Fulton/Kelemete might be cut worthy guys).

With this current run, it's getting less and less likely that a guy like Greg Little will still be around. Jonah Williams is not going to happen. But the Texans are all but certain to pick two OTs in the top 64 picks.

David Edwards, Michael Deiter and a mid round flyer on Trey Adams could be huge...

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think in the last 20 years there was only 1 home underdog in the divisional round and it was 2011 SF vs NO. I don't think the Texans would be huge underdogs though, probably by about 4 points imo vs Pats and by 2 vs PIT.

what's actually the seeding if Texans and KC/LA or both finish all at 13-3?

Matt LaFleur is a horrible play caller and I’m glad it was on display on national TV last night. He is nothing more than a glorified QB coach who is in way over his head. No concept of game flow or situational play calling. I would shout for joy if somebody, “poached” him from us. Repeatedly slamming a midget 100 lb back up the middle behind maybe the worst interior o-line in the NFL for 1 yard on 1st down and/or 2 down is not how you win. People can bang on Mariota all they want and he rightfully deserves some of the criticism, but being constantly put in 2nd/3rd and long is not setting him up for success. This has been happening all season, not just last night. It genuinely feels like we have Robiskie all over again except we are averaging even less yards and points per game.

Archived