MNF Hangover- Titans at Texans GDT

CKS97

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It was probably placed right where it needed to be.  But it was only 1 of 3 passes thrown beyond the sticks.  

Again, depends on what kind of ground you think Hal is making up. I think he leads him and the pass is on the outside shoulder, that's an easy walk in touchdown. But I'm not doing the math for him to make up that kind of ground or anything, so maybe it was. Just didn't look to me like Hal had the speed built up to make up that kidn of ground. 

And don't get me wrong, not criticizing the throw - I think that is quite nitpicky - just wasn't all that impressed with it is all. One of those throws where I'm not really giving credit but I'm not going to nitpick it either. It was a throw that should have been made, was, and it was a touchdown. Could have been better in my opinion, could have been worse. 

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

I think Houston can go into KC and knock off the chiefs with that defense.  My only question is can get that first win at home if the Chargers come in there.

KC is coached by Andy Reid. Literally anyone can go in to KC and knock off the Chiefs in the post season.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think Houston can go into KC and knock off the chiefs with that defense.  My only question is can get that first win at home if the Chargers come in there.

Texans are getting the 3rd at worst which means they play Ravens/Colts/Titans not the Chargers.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

KC is coached by Andy Reid. Literally anyone can go in to KC and knock off the Chiefs in the post season.

I think it's going to take a defense with an offense that can put up 30.  KC doesnt play defense, but you have to hold their offense to the mid 20s.  So it does take a team that is at least solid on both sides.  I dont think the Colts can do it.  I dont think the Titans can do it.  But I do think the Texans can.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Well the Rams and Pats laid the blueprint. You just have to out score the chiefs...easy peesy! Right? Right....?

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Texans are getting the 3rd at worst which they play Ravens/Colts/Titans not the Chargers.

Texans could get the 4th seed, not sure how you can say they will get AT Least the 3rd seed.  

And I still have them projected as the #4. Remember Pitt is only 1 game back in the win column, and that tie means as long as they finish with the same number of wins as the Texans, they are the 3 and not Houston.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Texans could get the 4th seed, not sure how you can say they will get AT Least the 3rd seed.  

I agree but I think that tie is gonna end up hurting the Steelers to the point where they'll end up playing the Chargers instead of the Colts. At home vs the Colts, I'd give the Steelers a pretty good shot at winning. At home against the Chargers, I could see that really going either way.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I mean, our remaining 5 games are Browns, Jets, Jags, Colts and Eagles.

The Patriots and Steelers play each other. The Steelers still have the Saints as well.

Unless they collapse, it's hard not seeing them being the 3rd or maybe even sneaking into the bye, given their schedule.

2 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

I mean, our remaining 5 games are Browns, Jets, Jags, Colts and Eagles.

The Patriots and Steelers play each other. The Steelers still have the Saints as well.

Unless they collapse, it's hard not seeing them being the 3rd or maybe even sneaking into the bye, given their schedule.

It's going to be an interesting end to the year.  Looking at the schedules I'm not sure anybody is going to be able to rest starters for week 17.  I'll just say I think the Texans need to be on the lookout on those last 3 games.  I fully expect them to bring the Browns and Mayfield back down to earth this weekend tho.

Texans making run for that 2 seed at this rate, such an easy remaining schedule. 12-4, 13-3 seems very possible. Being the Texans, they will not get an ounce of respect though, right or wrong, and would probably be the biggest home dogs in div round history if they were to draw the 3 seed Pats (and hell, still would be pretty big under dogs if it was the 3 Steelers instead).

I cannot remember the last time I got on the bandwagon of a trendy "surprise" team and it was right. Jags a few years pre-2017, Bucs last year, total flops, but this Texans team looks locked for 10 wins. Easily as much as 12.

26 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Games arent played on paper bud.

Edit: I mean that's almost as bad as the rams fan who said the Rams will finish 14-2 at worst.

You're right, but this is a forum. Making projections is what we do.

Archived