Bears Probowlers

Superman(DH23)

Apparently Chicago got the message loud and clear as they have turned around the vote in the probowl.

QB Mitch Trubisky - 3rd

C Cody Whitehair - 4th

OLB Khalil Mack 1st

DT Akiem Hicks 4th

ILB Roquan Smith 2nd

CB Kyle Fuller 1st

S Eddie Jackson 1st

RS Tarik Cohen 1st

If voting holds this way for 1 more week it is almost certain that all of these guys are going to make it.  Fan voting is 1/3, Coaches and player votes each have 1/3 as well.  

Results will be announced live on Dec 18

Ryan Pace has yet to have a player he drafted or signed voted to the probowl in earnest (not an alternate). The Bears have not had a QB voted to the probowl since Jim McMahon.

On the downside, none of our guys will be able to participate as they will be preparing for the Superbowl.  Bear Down

19 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

That Hicks is 4th is a joke. 

He was 12th last week, so good on fans for fixing that.  Realistically I'd say hes 3rd.  Donald obviously is going to be #1 with the flashy sack numbers.  Fletcher Cox #2 bc of name recognition and SuperBowl factor.

I could not care less about the Pro Bowl as a game, it is completely and utterly terrible any more.  BUT - I do care about the players getting recognition, and as we have had several players like Hicks be critically undervalued it is great to see them get listed in the top of the voting like this. I care far more about the All Pro listing, but I would love to finally see the Bears heavily represented in the Pro Bowl ballot.

Long would be listed there as well, but I am not surprised Leno doesn't seem to get any love. LT is a damn hard spot to crack with the name recognition alone from being a top 5 draft pick, let alone established guys.

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

It's because on the voting Hicks is listed as a DE, and when compared to other DE's he doesn't have the pure sack numbers, so common fans don't know his impact on the game

Actually hes listed as a dt.  Its bc fans of most teams dont realize how good he is. 

4 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Is Roquan overrated or are there just no good ILBs in the NFC?

He has been getting better, but I wouldn't say is playing at a pro bowl level yet.  I couldn't even name 10 other NFC ILBs off top of my head.  ILB is kind of the throw away position in the NFL these days even though it is important. 

It may be college reputation.  A lot of talking heads predicted he would be DROY.   That plays a part too.  People like to be correct in their predictions and opinions.  

I think we see a different Roquan next year with a full offseason more in line with what people were expecting.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It may be college reputation.  A lot of talking heads predicted he would be DROY.   That plays a part too.  People like to be correct in their predictions and opinions.  

I'll also add that being ILB for the Bears holds much cachet. It's exactly the opposite of being QB. 

Archived