Allegiant Stadium Thread (Home of the Las Vegas Raiders)

RaidersAreOne

On 12/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Las Vegas is hosting the 2020 NFL Draft! Can't wait.

I've always wanted to go to the draft.  Thought about doing it in Chicago but didn't make it.  Making a trip to LV would be very tempting, depending on where the Vikings are picking.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 1:06 AM, Matts4313 said:

LOL. Cowboys stadium is still the standard the rest of these are measured too. Have you ever even been there? There are literally art galleries inside of it.

No building that is home to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders could ever be called boring, IMHO.   :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

But if you look at all 32 teams, they are definitely a team where you can say that its very possible they are picking that high in 2020 and/or 2021.

Obviously alot can happen in the meantime, but based on current trajectory in regards to team quality and need for a QB,, Id say they are probably in the top 5...

Raiders -  Look to be in full rebuild mode...Carr hasnt looked good under Gruden.
Giants . -  Eli gone soon, Giants are just meh all around.
Cardinals   -   Too soon to say about Rosen, but team is not looking too strong right now.   
Bucs -  I think Arians, at the very least, will have this team playing well enough to keep them from getting TL, but its not out of the question.  
Redskins -   I could see them falling off hard soon.   Not a fan of the OTHER Gruden either and Smith may never be the same.
Dolphins -  Not lookng good IMO.   

...look to me RIGHT NOW as perhaps the most likely landing spots for Trevor Lawrence.    Teams like the Steelers, Pats, Chargers, Jags and Saints will all be looking for QBs of the future, but I cant foresee any of them picking high enough in 2020 or 2021 to have a shot at Lawrence....who knows, though?

While I don't  necessarily disagree  with this assessment,  the NFL has proven year in and year out how much parity there is. How teams change out from year to year.

I mean you just listed 2-3 teams that were "suppose" to be playoff teams this year but weren't.  Replaced by bottom dwellers from the season before like the Colts and Bears. 2 years before that Eagles, Rams and Jags.

So to predict which teams might step forward or back in 2021 is futile to me. Raiders could just as easily be a playoff contender if they hit on their draft picks and FA by 2021 as picking #1 overall. 

That's the nature of the NFL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will probably never go to Vegas for any reason, but the stadium sounds nice. Far better than what they had in Oakland as far as facilities go. If they can build a fanbase in the city that will support them with even a fraction of the energy that Oakland did, that would also be good for them.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:05 PM, Uncle Buck said:

It sounds like the same people who built U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis are also involved in this project.  I just went to a game there for my first live game experience in about 25 years and it was excellent.  My brother and I saw the Vikings/Raiders game, and I had seats in the second row from the field on the 25-yard line.  Adam Thielen's fumble happened right in front of us, which was kind of a buzzkill, but it was still great being so close to the action. 

Compared to our old "Humpty Dome", the seating was a big improvement.  I'm 6'3" tall and legroom was an issue in the dome.  At US Bank, I had a lot of room to stretch out.  Also, the old dome was a loud place, but nowhere near as loud as US Bank.  That is a crazy loud building.  I'm guessing that since you will have a roof on your place, they will probably put an emphasis on making your stadium very loud too, which would be expected for a raucous fanbase like Raider Nation.

Correction.  It was the Vikings/Saints game last year. 

I travel to Colorado and Utah on a weekly basis for work and I can tell you almost every one of my customers is pumped for the Raiders to be in Vegas. The Bronco fans are excited because it gives them an excuse to take a weekend trip to Vegas to watch the Raiders vs Broncos and even the people who don’t care about the Raiders are already talking about taking their customers there for a weekend wth the game being the main reason/excuse to go. I think it’s going to be nothing but great for Vegas and the Raiders 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

As a person that lives in vegas parking and traffic around it are gonna be disaster. 

Really?

I'm curious, as someone who has never been to Vegas and probably never will go...but isn't a good part of what they've been boasting about with this stadium the accessibility, convenience, parking and traffic situation, compared to most "downtown stadium" setups?  Seems like they'll immediately have a leg up on most downtown stadiums by having it just off the strip where you'll presumably have a ton of fans staying an easy (and fun?) walking distance from the building?  Or at least set up for really convenient shuttle service?