Allegiant Stadium Thread (Home of the Las Vegas Raiders)

RaidersAreOne

On 12/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, BayRaider said:

I think the Rams/Chargers stadium will be the best stadium in the league overall but from a “coolness” factor I think I’d put Vegas at #1, Minnesota at #2, LA at #3, and Atlanta at #4. 

Dallas has a really nice stadium but it’s extremely boring imo.

LOL. Cowboys stadium is still the standard the rest of these are measured too. Have you ever even been there? There are literally art galleries inside of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

LOL. Cowboys stadium is still the standard the rest of these are measured too. Have you ever even been there? There are literally art galleries inside of it.

So yeah..boring.

Not everyone is into art galleries. Art and football crowd isn't exactly the same demographic.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2018 at 6:27 PM, El ramster said:

Why is this one considerably cheaper than the rams one? Curious about that. 

My guess is a combination of labor being more expensive in Los Angeles combined with the land value in Los Angeles being significantly higher then Las Vegas. I also know in the beginning stages there were a lot of revisions at the Hollywood Park site due to its close proximity to LAX and needing to not interfere with any of the air traffic going in and out.

Vegas site will be amazing. I really can’t wait to invade the Raiders home... ok if I’m honest it’s the Aria buffet I’m salivating over but I will watch a game in the new stadium too. 

I wonder if having a good portion of the stadium will lower the internal temp and especially the field temp due to the added surrounded insulation of the earth? Any engineers on here that could explain to me like I’m five why that is viable or not?

Edited by Boltstrikes
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

My guess is a combination of labor being more expensive in Los Angeles combined with the land value in Los Angeles being significantly higher then Las Vegas. I also know in the beginning stages there were a lot of revisions at the Hollywood Park site due to its close proximity to LAX and needing to not interfere with any of the air traffic going in and out.

Vegas site will be amazing. I really can’t wait to invade the Raiders home... ok if I’m honest it’s the Aria buffet I’m salivating over but I will watch a game in the new stadium too. 

I wonder if having a good portion of the stadium will lower the internal temp and especially the field temp due to the added surrounded insulation of the earth? Any engineers on here that could explain to me like I’m five why that is viable or not?

They’re doing that with the rams as well. 

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If the Raiders are in position to draft Lawrence in two years, Gruden truly doesn't know what hes doing.

I'd hope in 2020/21 the Raiders aren't picking #1 overall.

50/50 chance Lawrence declares after this upcoming season in the 2020 draft. Raiders are not going to be good this year, probably a 5-6 win season and the progress will start in Vegas in 2020. If Carr faulters, and they are picking around #5-7, they have another 1st Round pick they can move up and secure Lawrence. It’s far from far fetched and it’s far from Gruden being terrible.. we are not expected to be good next year at all. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

50/50 chance Lawrence declares after this upcoming season in the 2020 draft. Raiders are not going to be good this year, probably a 5-6 win season and the progress will start in Vegas in 2020. If Carr faulters, and they are picking around #5-7, they have another 1st Round pick they can move up and secure Lawrence. It’s far from far fetched and it’s far from Gruden being terrible.. we are not expected to be good next year at all. 

How can he declare, I thought you had to be 3 years out of HS? 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If the Raiders are in position to draft Lawrence in two years, Gruden truly doesn't know what hes doing.

I'd hope in 2020/21 the Raiders aren't picking #1 overall.

But if you look at all 32 teams, they are definitely a team where you can say that its very possible they are picking that high in 2020 and/or 2021.

Obviously alot can happen in the meantime, but based on current trajectory in regards to team quality and need for a QB,, Id say they are probably in the top 5...

Raiders -  Look to be in full rebuild mode...Carr hasnt looked good under Gruden.
Giants . -  Eli gone soon, Giants are just meh all around.
Cardinals   -   Too soon to say about Rosen, but team is not looking too strong right now.   
Bucs -  I think Arians, at the very least, will have this team playing well enough to keep them from getting TL, but its not out of the question.  
Redskins -   I could see them falling off hard soon.   Not a fan of the OTHER Gruden either and Smith may never be the same.
Dolphins -  Not lookng good IMO.   

...look to me RIGHT NOW as perhaps the most likely landing spots for Trevor Lawrence.    Teams like the Steelers, Pats, Chargers, Jags and Saints will all be looking for QBs of the future, but I cant foresee any of them picking high enough in 2020 or 2021 to have a shot at Lawrence....who knows, though?