16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

yep, him too. I actually had him in a few mocks to replace Capers at DC back in the day (while he was still in Seattle)

While not being the DC for the Cowboys, he has been given play calling duties by Rod Marinelli. Apparently he has been interviewed for HC jobs in Buffalo and Indianapolis in the past so he is obviously highly thought of. If we go with a defensive-minded head coach he would be at the top of my list.

Remember what this guy did?  Coached out the year, stepped down, offensive genius took over.  He went to a new team...with his QB.   McDaniels becomes HC of the Patriots as they have to do that, or fear losing him.  Hoodie accepts the fate, turns around and come to GB to be with another great QB.  Wins titles, gets streets named after him.  Lombardi trophy becomes hyphonated  Lombardi-Belichick trophy.

Image result for al pacino any given sunday

56 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

There's too much smoke around McDaniels for there to be with no fire. I think he's preliminarily at the top of the list for Murphy/Gutey. 

Forget McDaniels, let's acquire Belichick....But seriously, wasn't  it Josh who nixed the Colts deal, because he said his family couldn't bear moving away from the New England area?....I seriously don't believe he will leave it's cushy confines...

37 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Forget McDaniels, let's acquire Belichick....But seriously, wasn't  it Josh who nixed the Colts deal, because he said his family couldn't bear moving away from the New England area?....I seriously don't believe he will leave it's cushy confines...

let him coach the team from skype

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I actually tend to agree with this one.

Me too. My guy didn't offer McDaniels name as a candidate but when brought up, he didn't shoot him down either. Just said McDaniels would be a Gute hire. Piecing everything together, the coach they hire sounds like it will be the one who checks 2 key boxes. Innovative and commands respect. I think the question that would come with McDaniels is whether he'd have the players respect. If Rodgers likes his offense, that's probably what matters most. The success in New England would probably be the justification used to sell due respect. A guy like Matt Campbell definitely oozes leadership but does limited college experience earn immediate respect? Not sure, but I think he'd win over the locker room quickly. I don't claim to know if he'd bring an innovative offense. If he can demonstrate that in an interview, he could be the guy if they're leery about McDaniel's baggage.

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Me too. My guy didn't offer McDaniels name as a candidate but when brought up, he didn't shoot him down either. Just said McDaniels would be a Gute hire. Piecing everything together, the coach they hire sounds like it will be the one who checks 2 key boxes. Innovative and commands respect. I think the question that would come with McDaniels is whether he'd have the players respect. If Rodgers likes his offense, that's probably what matters most. The success in New England would probably be the justification used to sell due respect. A guy like Matt Campbell definitely oozes leadership but does limited college experience earn immediate respect? Not sure, but I think he'd win over the locker room quickly. I don't claim to know if he'd bring an innovative offense. If he can demonstrate that in an interview, he could be the guy if they're leery about McDaniel's baggage.

McDaniels just seems like the logical choice much to my chagrin.  On one hand, he's proven he knows how to coach offenses and he's worked closely with Tom Brady, which bodes well for his ability to work with Aaron Rodgers.  But on the other hand, the Colts' situation still looms large.  He's got questions to answer on that regard, but if the FO signs off on him I will too.  I understand Matt Campbell is your guy, but that's a TON of risk.  I don't see the Packers making that kind of gamble.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

McDaniels just seems like the logical choice much to my chagrin.  On one hand, he's proven he knows how to coach offenses and he's worked closely with Tom Brady, which bodes well for his ability to work with Aaron Rodgers.  But on the other hand, the Colts' situation still looms large.  He's got questions to answer on that regard, but if the FO signs off on him I will too.  I understand Matt Campbell is your guy, but that's a TON of risk.  I don't see the Packers making that kind of gamble.

What would it do for you if part of the Colts debacle was that he wanted the "potential" GB job like it has been rumored/conspired?

As much as I'm not sure McDaniels would turn down a job to bet on MM getting canned... this is just a thought.

Archived