16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, Shanedorf said:

Here's a Q & A from Ask Vic that offers some insight about the HC position and lesser coaches like Jim Caldwell

Derek from Eau Claire, WI
Q: Give it to me straight. How much influence does the head coach have on a team’s record?

A: The head coach is the personality of the team he coaches. If he isn't, he should be fired because that would mean he's not an effective leader. When you hire a head coach, the No. 1 question that needs to be answered is: Do I want my team to have this man's personality? How much influence does the head coach have on a team's record? The team becomes him. If he's not a winner, how can the team be expected to win?

Caldwell is not a winner, nor is he a leader of men, nor do I want the Green Bay Packers to take on his lame personality
Poor choice for an HC on every level. Aim higher

Caldwell went to school with my brother, or should I say he was 1-2 years ahead of him.  Nice guy, nice family, but not my HC type either.

What are your thoughts on Fitzgerald? This is from an article that Rapoport just tweeted out:

“One coach they are expected to target is Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald, sources say. Packers CEO Mark Murphy actually hired Fitzgerald when Murphy was AD at Northwestern. While Fitzgerald has shut down countless interview requests from the NFL in the past, with a good sales pitch, this one may work.”

14 minutes ago, Hawkfan191 said:

honest question, what's so special about Fitzgerald?

Took a nothing program with no real football history and has them regularly competitive including some big upsets and decent bowl wins. The suspicion is he's limited by the talent he has as much as anything. Also just seems like a good leader. I also suspect there's an element of Midwest/Big 10 bias. (I say all of this as someone who thinks he'd be a good hire but am not thumping the table for him)

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Well at least they are exciting picks, if very different. It’s like narrowing down your top two choices for a new vehicle as 1) Escalade or 2) Mercedes Benz convertible. 

2 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Well at least they are exciting picks, if very different. It’s like narrowing down your top two choices for a new vehicle as 1) Escalade or 2) Mercedes Benz convertible. 

I changed the link in my post .. more comprehensive write-up from Rapoport himself. 

Archived