16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

Last year we had :

Director of Player Personnel – Brian Gutekunst

Director of College Scouting – Jon-Eric Sullivan

When Gute was hired as GM he gave co-director of player personnel to both Sullivan and Wojciechowski. I suspect that is in name only. I think Wojciechowski is actually the new Director of Player Personnel whilst Sullivan will continue with what he's already doing with the college scouting. They've just been given new a job title to go along with new pay rises.

He also has Richmond Williams and Chad Brinker as pro scouts and Gute himself can lean on two years of knowledge and experience in this player personnel area if needed. He also has Gissendaner as the Personnel executive. I think he has enough people around him to handle the pro player personnel area of the team - just that there's simply nobody given that specific title.

Hiring Milt Hendrickson as the assistant GM is something will also help even though his background is college scouting.

Sullivan was hired by Mike Sherman and Wojciechowski and Malaspina were hired by TT and both came with underwhelming resumes. Maybe it'll all work out, but this hardly has the look of a top-notch personnel department.

What's Scot McCloughan up to these days? Reggie McKenzie? 

1 hour ago, FAH1223 said:

GB job is a tough one. Old QB, lack of talent at many positions, unproven GM. Won’t be an easy gig for the new coach.

This is so depressing. We had a Super Bowl team just 4 years ago (yes, yes, i know Seattle..).

Damnit.

GB job is among the best (if not the best) gigs in the NFL.

There's maybe a couple spots McDaniels would consider leaving NE for. GB is one of them.

Gute and Murphy will get their top choice with ease.

33 minutes ago, Chili said:

Last year we had :

Director of Player Personnel – Brian Gutekunst

Director of College Scouting – Jon-Eric Sullivan

When Gute was hired as GM he gave co-director of player personnel to both Sullivan and Wojciechowski. I suspect that is in name only. I think Wojciechowski is actually the new Director of Player Personnel whilst Sullivan will continue with what he's already doing with the college scouting. They've just been given new a job title to go along with new pay rises.

He also has Richmond Williams and Chad Brinker as pro scouts and Gute himself can lean on two years of knowledge and experience in this player personnel area if needed. He also has Gissendaner as the Personnel executive. I think he has enough people around him to handle the pro player personnel area of the team - just that there's simply nobody given that specific title.

Hiring Milt Hendrickson as the assistant GM is something will also help even though his background is college scouting. He will probably take over Wolf's many responsibilities.

Doesn’t matter who you have as Scouts if the person making the calls isn’t listening to them. Think that was some of Thompson’s issues is that when his guys pounded the table for someone, they weren’t heard. As bad as it is to say, Gute has to trust his guys sometimes and if they miss they miss but they need to know they’re heard...

how many drafts were the forum basically able to predict because the player fit a Ted player. That is where I get that he didn’t trust his scouting departments as much as he should of. There should never be such a strongly supported mold of who fits and who doesn’t when there is a whole team of scouts involved, they each see it a little different!

15 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Not HC related but I'd like GB to bring McKenzie back as part of the FO. They have really been drained over the years in that department. Doesn't hurt to bring him back as part of the group IMO

When I read about Reggie in Oakland, they talked about the idea that his specialty/experience is Pro Personnel, not so much on the draft side. Not sure if that's something Gute needs, but that's probably why you'd bring him back - to handle FA and trades

42 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Not HC related but I'd like GB to bring McKenzie back as part of the FO. They have really been drained over the years in that department. Doesn't hurt to bring him back as part of the group IMO

I would definitely bring him back if he was interested. After the departure of many of our front office personnel I think McKenzie would be a good addition for the organization.  

Archived