MNF - Philly v Washington GDT

ET80

4 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:
14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Does Dallas have a SB hangover next Sunday after beating the Saints?

*Irony-detector blowing alarms*

Yes but our Ring actually counts. Jerry's still making yours. 🍺

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Well, I mean, they'll likely (since he's on an ABC/ESPN contract) cycle him to a "studio" gig where they'll pair him in on segments with someone like a Tedy Bruschi or someone similar who will just bull their way and talk over him if necessary.  Can't remember if it was Heath Evans that was in a similar situation (I don't think it was Heath, but he's who is coming to mind for some reason) and they did exactly that with him - just basically had Merrill Hoge absolutely bulldoze him in what were supposed to be shared segments.

Heath Evans is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's a Division For? Numerous Fan bases do exactly that. Including I'll bet , your beloved Bears Fans at home, in a Win vs a hated rival.

Chargers fan doesn't.

3 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Hipefully theyll at least let him go back to doing college games. I agree tho. It's nice that someone tells it like it is and does his takes without bias.

I would hate tho cuz i think he's a great in depth commentator

He's the sort of guy that you wish Fox Sports would hire if they were serious about having guys who aren't afraid to come with abrasive takes, and not just saying that's what they want and giving us loudmouths who just want to be sensationalists and the equivalent of sports shock-jocks.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Well, I mean, they'll likely (since he's on an ABC/ESPN contract) cycle him to a "studio" gig where they'll pair him in on segments with someone like a Tedy Bruschi or someone similar who will just bull their way and talk over him if necessary.  Can't remember if it was Heath Evans that was in a similar situation (I don't think it was Heath, but he's who is coming to mind for some reason) and they did exactly that with him - just basically had Merrill Hoge absolutely bulldoze him in what were supposed to be shared segments.

I gotcha. I think. What your saying is that you think they will pair him someone to muzzle him a bit because of his personal feeling on the subject. 

That's likely, yes. I won't ignore that. BUT, he is not a good announcer by any means either. Now that may be because he is surrounded by Witten (because both are awful) but he is terrible nonetheless. 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Chargers have fans in LA?

They just don't attend games.  I've seen them.  They do exist.  To be fair though, they're tamer than the ones in San Diego.  The later wouldn't be audible doing what's being discussed, but they'd wait until after the game and jump the opposing teams fans (had that happen to a friend of mine from college who went to the Q as a "very vocal and obnoxious" Phins fan and woke up in the hospital).

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Find that extremely hard to believe! Extremely!

Bears fans favorite chant when winning.  Super Bears SuperBowl!!!!  We sing the fight song.  We have the Pack but it just seems really petty to me to say Pack Sucks!!! When you are winning.  Personally I think the "bears still suck" chant shows just how much a little brother syndrome gb fans still have.  

Archived