MNF - Philly v Washington GDT

ET80

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Tell you right now. IF the Eagles are lucky enough to somehow run the table given the absurd schedule ahead DAL, LAR, HOU, WAS. Guarantee you no one would want to face them in the Playoffs on a 6 gm win streak.

Unlikely they make that stretch unscathed. Let's be real.

ouch

was not aware of that sched

yeah, odds are low

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Tell you right now. IF the Eagles are lucky enough to somehow run the table given the absurd schedule ahead DAL, LAR, HOU, WAS. Guarantee you no one would want to face them in the Playoffs on a 6 gm win streak.

Unlikely they make that stretch unscathed. Let's be real.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

ouch

was not aware of that sched

yeah, odds are low

The flip side - if PHI beats DAL & WAS - they are 5-1 in the division, while DAL is 4-2 (and they are 1-1 against each other).  They would be both 7-6 headed into the last 3 weeks - but then PHI would own the tiebreaker (since they would be 1-1 vs. each other).

DAL, meanwhile, gets @IND, TAM & @NYG Weeks 15-17.  DAL wins out, it forces PHI to win out, and yeah, doubtful with that schedule and LAR playing for HFA at home.   BUT, if DAL drops a game @IND or against TAM  - then all bets are off.   And before you dismiss either possibility - TAM just beat CAR, and they certainly have the weapons to beat any team (and I actually think they will give NO everything they can handle this week - the D suddenly has found some identity, and Bad Jameis has gone away...how long, who knows, but when bad Jameis doesn't show up, that's a team that suddenly works).

Really, PHI just has to take it 1 game at a time.   Beat DAL, and then they have to match DAL, that's it - they win the tiebreaker.   Lose to DAL, though, and it's over, barring an epic collapse (given DAL would own the tiebreaker and a 2-game lead with 3 to go).   So, really, like tonight, PHI is playing for their season next week @DAL.   After that, if they win, then all bets are off - they may not be the favorite then, but it's not nearly as narrow needle they have to thread.    And keep in mind as Division winner, they'd get 1 home game, too.

It's kind of crazy with how decimated their secondary is, and how poorly they've played, but a W next week, and PHI is very much alive.  But it's definitely do-or-die next week, no doubt about it.

7 hours ago, K9 said:

I don't think I heard them.  But halftime would be fine, since it's not while the game was being played.  I mean, I'd listen to them discuss domestic abuse during halftime over their 'MNF Gensis concerts'

I was being sarcastic. 

The NFC really showed some weakness the past few weeks. The NFC East was the laughing stock of the entire league, but they may sneak 2 teams into the playoffs. I think with Philly's remaining schedule, they have no chance of winning the division. However, I think they have a good shot at the 6 seed. Seattle has that 5 seed locked up.

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The NFC really showed some weakness the past few weeks. The NFC East was the laughing stock of the entire league, but they may sneak 2 teams into the playoffs. I think with Philly's remaining schedule, they have no chance of winning the division. However, I think they have a good shot at the 6 seed. Seattle has that 5 seed locked up.

If Philly loses to Dallas next week, then they have no chance. At Colts and at Giants will be tough for Dallas. And I don't think Philly has much of a shot at LA or vs Houston.

With that said, I fully expect Dallas to win next week and win the division. Philly won last night because everyone on the Skins were injured. I'm waiting for the offense to come together for Philly and not look so damn sloppy, but I'm no longer holding my breath.

15 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If Philly loses to Dallas next week, then they have no chance. At Colts and at Giants will be tough for Dallas. And I don't think Philly has much of a shot at LA or vs Houston.

With that said, I fully expect Dallas to win next week and win the division. Philly won last night because everyone on the Skins were injured. I'm waiting for the offense to come together for Philly and not look so damn sloppy, but I'm no longer holding my breath.

It looked like everyone on Washington- offense and defense- checked out when Colt went down and Sanchez came in. I think Philly stands a chance at being the team to end Houston's ridiculous winning streak, but I give them close to 0 chance to beat Dallas and LA. Mcvay is going to take full advantage of Schwartz and that decimated secondary. The Eagles offense will have to score at least 40 points to win that game.

Archived