Series of the Week: Red Sox @ Indians

Eagles27

Mind boggling that Reed was "unavailable" after throwing 12 pitches the day before, according to Farrell. And that he wanted to avoid Workman. With Fister pitching tomorrow and 1-run lead, that's the game you use your top arms and go for the win.

Such a frustrating loss between Farrell's continued mismanagement of the pen, Vazquez not running out his single because he thought it was gone, Benny missing the cut...sloppy, sloppy loss.

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Well, that didn't exactly go as planned.  :o

I do not like this recent development with his knee, especially considering he was doing well before that and it just flared up again seemingly out of nowhere - hopefully they can get things squared away by the post season I imagine any road to a championship would healthy doses of Miller time.

1 minute ago, BwickRedux said:

I do not like this recent development with his knee, especially considering he was doing well before that and it just flared up again seemingly out of nowhere - hopefully they can get things squared away by the post season I imagine any road to a championship would healthy doses of Miller time.

Fortunately, Tyler Olsen has looked fairly solid thusfar.

1 hour ago, BwickRedux said:

I agree, but neither of them have Miller's stuff and anytime you lose a weapon like him it's gonna hurt a little.

They will be good enough until he returns. Reports are the Indians are going to consult with the Cavs training staff to figure out the best plan of action for Miller. Its basically jumpers knee that Miller has. So they are going to the basketball guys who have to deal with it the most.

IMO they need to just shut him down until its time to fill out the playoff roster. Use his extra spot to give some guys some more PT until the expanded rosters open up. 

22 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Mind boggling that Reed was "unavailable" after throwing 12 pitches the day before, according to Farrell. And that he wanted to avoid Workman. With Fister pitching tomorrow and 1-run lead, that's the game you use your top arms and go for the win.

Such a frustrating loss between Farrell's continued mismanagement of the pen, Vazquez not running out his single because he thought it was gone, Benny missing the cut...sloppy, sloppy loss.

Doug Fister tosses a complete game 1-hitter because baseball.

Archived