What Team You Do/Dont Want Your Team To Face In The Playoffs?

stl4life07

Do:

I want my Rams to face the Cowboys. That would mean the Cowboys make the playoffs and win a playoff game. By doing so, the Cowboys fans and the media will pump them up so much that they will start to talk even more about the Cowboys going to the Superbowl. I will hear about how if the Cowboys stopped the Saints, they will do the same thing to the Rams. We all know how that movie is going to end. When people start to expect things from the Cowboys because of a little bit of success, they find a way to break your heart. The only difference is the the Rams are going to take it more than the Cowboys just giving the game away. Gurley said last season that the Rams were going to whip up on the Cowboys and they did and if they meet again this season it wont be any different.

Dont:

I dont want my Rams to face the Seahawks. I told people before the season started that I wont ever count out the Seahawks as long as they have Wilson at QB. They are going to be a tough out. People laughed and said the Rams havent beaten anybody earlier in the season. Well guess what? The Rams beat the Chargers (playoff team), the Vikings (playoff team), the Seahawks (playoff team), the Broncos (in great position to make a run towards the playoffs after knocking off the Chargers and Steelers and now have a very easy schedule down the stretch). Not to mention the Rams beat the Chiefs (playoff team). But I highlight that the Rams beat the Seahawks twice. Both games came down to the last possession whether it was Goff converting on the 4th and 1 then running out the clock or the Rams defense making a late stop on Wilson to seal a Rams victory. Both games were tough. Im a firm believer in its tough to beat the same team twice in one season, I dont want to try to beat them three times. I know the Rams did it to Seattle once before and I know we saw the Saints do it to the Panthers last season. I just dont want to take my chances. The good news though is the Rama have Talib back. He didnt play in either of those games and he makes a difference in the back end. 

As a Chiefs fan

New England because of BB. Andy is a great coach but BB is possibly the greatest coach in NFL history. If the game is close, I'd trust a BB coached team over anyone. No one else really scares me but I understand any given Sunday anyone can win.

Houston, has been great but they haven't beat really anyone during their big streak. The Chiefs have owned the Chargers and Philip Rivers so they don't scare me. The Steelers in Heinz field would worry me but they aren't a great road team. 

As a Vikings fan

I do want to play the winner of the NFC East.  We’ve already beaten the Eagles in Philly in a game where it wasn’t as close as the final score, and I think the Cowboys would have a hard time coming up with an answer for all of our offensive weapons

i don’t want to play Chicago again. We’d most likely have to play them in Chicago, and that didn’t go well the first time.  Their defense isn’t a good matchup for us, especially when you consider how weak our offensive line is.  Mack may have himself a field day

23 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

As a Chiefs fan

New England because of BB. Andy is a great coach but BB is possibly the greatest coach in NFL history. If the game is close, I'd trust a BB coached team over anyone. No one else really scares me but I understand any given Sunday anyone can win.

Houston, has been great but they haven't beat really anyone during their big streak. The Chiefs have owned the Chargers and Philip Rivers so they don't scare me. The Steelers in Heinz field would worry me but they aren't a great road team. 

I do not want to play y'all at Arrowhead.

I think the teams that should scare the higher seeds are teams with great D's, and with QB's who are good enough to have a career game, or have weapons that can go off.

For the NFC, they should be very worried about playing the Bears - not because of Trubisky, but because of that D, and the fact that CHI has a bunch of ways their O can win...despite Tru still learning.   That's a combo that creates a bunch of different ways they can beat teams.   With DAL, I think their D has to put up a huge performance, because Dak makes too many mistakes to win a shootout.   SEA is a good call, but I would point out they are still a different animal at home than they are on the road, which is where they'd be facing a road team.   It just shows though how tough the NFC is in general.   

For the NFC, I think the Chargers, if they stay at the 5 seed, are going to be an obvious pick for a problem - they could very well end up with the 2nd best record in the AFC but be the 5 seed.   Really, for them, it comes down to whether they get MG3 healthy, and if their adjustments after losing Denzel Perryman and Corey Liuget can fix their run D vulnerability.   The less obvious pick as a problem IMO would be the Colts if they could sneak in (tall order at this stage).   IND doesn't have a great D - but it's got 2 playmakers now that can change games (Leonard & Hooker)...and that OL does an amazing job of protecting Andrew Luck.  Luck's re-invented himself as a short-intermediate assassin to leverage the OL's ability to protect him (and their ability to run gives them balance).    Their hiccup against JAX is really going to hurt their chances to get in, though.

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

As a Vikes fan, I don't want to play Chicago, LA, or New Orleans. Don't seem to match up well against any of these teams this year. So give me the NFC East winner and Seattle

Most likely we will never end up playing Seattle. The reason for that is because the only way that would happen is if we were to win the division (which we’re only 1.5 back of Chicago so not out of it, but still an uphill battle)

NE is the team I fear the most for the Chargers.

Most likely that game would be in Foxboro and that is just a tough place to play.  On top of that, the Pats are a battle tested group and the Chargers are a very young team with not much playoff experience. 

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

NE is the team I fear the most for the Chargers.

Most likely that game would be in Foxboro and that is just a tough place to play.  On top of that, the Pats are a battle tested group and the Chargers are a very young team with not much playoff experience. 

He either fears his fate too much...
Or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch...
To win or lose it all

I want the Steelers to play the Chargers and Broncos for obvious reasons. They lost both of those games themselves more than the other team beat them. I'd also like to Play NE again whether we win or lose in 2 weeks because I feel like the Steelers need to be able to beat NE to overcome that wall. Beat them once, then beat them again. Lose to them in the reg season, take another shot. I would also like to see them get another shot at KC, because I think it would be a great game.

The team I am most scared about is the Ravens, I feel like if they end up facing Pittsburgh in the playoffs it will be over, although the last time we won the Superbowl we did beat the Chargers and Ravens on the way...

If the Ravens make the playoffs I don't want to face the Chargers. Rivers' quick release and that defense just absolutely terrifies me.

If the Ravens make the playoffs I DO want us to face either Pittsburgh or New England because I feel like we have a very strong track record against those teams in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

Most likely we will never end up playing Seattle. The reason for that is because the only way that would happen is if we were to win the division (which we’re only 1.5 back of Chicago so not out of it, but still an uphill battle)

Essentially to win the division we'd have to beat Seattle on Monday while the Bears lose to the Rams and then win out (Dolphins in MN, Lions, Bears in MN). Like you said, it will be difficult and this team hasn't shown they can win a big game.

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

As a Vikes fan, I don't want to play Chicago, LA, or New Orleans. Don't seem to match up well against any of these teams this year. So give me the NFC East winner and Seattle

You dont want to face off in another great battle in LA? TNF was a great game. The Cowboys/Saints game was the highest rated TNF of the season but Rams/Vikings game was the best TNF game of the season imo. 

33 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Essentially to win the division we'd have to beat Seattle on Monday while the Bears lose to the Rams and then win out (Dolphins in MN, Lions, Bears in MN). Like you said, it will be difficult and this team hasn't shown they can win a big game.

Yup, this Monday night will be critical for playoff positioning.  If we win we’re probably locked into the 5 seed unless we can beat Chicago in the final week of the season 

Archived