What Team You Do/Dont Want Your Team To Face In The Playoffs?

stl4life07

8 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

As a Chiefs fan

New England because of BB. Andy is a great coach but BB is possibly the greatest coach in NFL history. If the game is close, I'd trust a BB coached team over anyone. No one else really scares me but I understand any given Sunday anyone can win.

Houston, has been great but they haven't beat really anyone during their big streak. The Chiefs have owned the Chargers and Philip Rivers so they don't scare me. The Steelers in Heinz field would worry me but they aren't a great road team. 

The Steelers are a much better road team than home team. They pack a Defense on the road. Not to mention, everyone but Ben plays better on the road for some reason.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If the Ravens make the playoffs I don't want to face the Chargers. Rivers' quick release and that defense just absolutely terrifies me.

If the Ravens make the playoffs I DO want us to face either Pittsburgh or New England because I feel like we have a very strong track record against those teams in the playoffs.

Ravens are like 1-3 against the Steelers in the playoffs.

As for this topic? Provided the Steelers make the post-season? I'd like to avoid the Ravens and Patriots. Ravens because playing a team 3x in one season is tough, especially when the Steelers haven't seen Lamar's Ravens. Patriots because they own us and while we could probably beat them, it would require Ben take his head out of his butt.

40 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Add the other game bozo. 42-7. Leaving out the fire. 

Apparently when you google "Seahawks Schedule 2017," it shows the 2016 schedule. Google making me look like a fool...

At any rate, the Seahawks gave them a hard time both times this season. I wouldn't bet on them beating them three times considering the way Seattle has been playing as of late.

2 hours ago, RedRams said:

**** shows what I know lol.

Thanks for looking that up man.

Don't worry my friend, I said the same thing last year when the Saints had to face Carolina, again. 

I don't want to see the Rams again. The year Donald is having terrifies me. I don't see the odds being in the Saints favor shutting him out twice.

33 minutes ago, N4L said:

What is the record of playoff teams who lost once earlier in the year to their opponent? 

Maybe in the last 10-15 years 

I wasn’t able to find a clear cut stat on it, but from my own research, here’s what I’ve found on it from the last 15 years (didn’t count teams that played more than once in the regular season):

2003 - 3-3

2004 - 2-3

2005 - 3-1

2006 - 0-3

2007 - 2-4

2008 - 4-2

2009 - 3-2

2010 - 4-1

2011 - 3-4

2012 - 1-3

2013 - 3-3

2014 - 1-3

2015 - 1-5

2016 - 4-5

2017 - 0-2

Total - 34-44 (.436)

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't want to play the Vikings. If they put it all together, they're a scary team. They haven't done that yet, but I would hate to see it happen in the playoffs.

I don’t entirely disagree given that Goff had to play a perfect game just to come away with a 1 possession win at home, but then again you guys will most likely have Talib back for any rematch which definitely complicates things for us

37 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Apparently when you google "Seahawks Schedule 2017," it shows the 2016 schedule. Google making me look like a fool...

At any rate, the Seahawks gave them a hard time both times this season. I wouldn't bet on them beating them three times considering the way Seattle has been playing as of late.

I'd be very happy if we drew Seattle.

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

You dont want to face off in another great battle in LA? TNF was a great game. The Cowboys/Saints game was the highest rated TNF of the season but Rams/Vikings game was the best TNF game of the season imo. 

I'd be ok facing the Rams or the Saints.  Both teams beat us, but the Rams only beat us by one score, and the Saints would have lost to us if it were not for two uncharacteristic turnovers.  Granted, we would have to play the Saints in their place this time, and that is probably another story.  Either way, I don't think we should be favored over either team, but I do think we are capable of beating either one of them.

The team I probably wouldn't want to face would be 'da Bears.  It's always tough beating a division rival on the road in the playoffs, and we just seem to have trouble playing them in general at Soldier Field.  One final reason is the news that there is a new "appliance" in Chi-town.  They have a big ugly carrying the ball on goal-line situations just like the Fridge used to do.  :D

10 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

The Steelers are a much better road team than home team. They pack a Defense on the road. Not to mention, everyone but Ben plays better on the road for some reason.

No, Ben plays much worse on the road. 

Looking at the last 2 seasons, Big Ben has certainly performed better at Heinz Field.

2016-
Home PFF Grade: 85.9 (113.6 Passer rating)
Away PFF Grade: 64.9 (81.3 Passer rating)

2017-
Home PFF Grade: 87.0 (98.8 Passer rating)
Away PFF Grade: 79.7 (92.3 Passer rating)

I don't have home/away PFF grades for 2018 but here are his stats.

Ben Home 66.12%, 1842, 16/4, 104.0 rating, 5 sacks

Ben Road 65.82, 2103, 10/9, 87.3 rating, 12 sacks. 

Despite the Steelers struggles at home this season, they started out 1-2-1. They were a team with a lot of turmoil stemming from the Bell situation mainly. They tied the browns in Cleveland, got handled by the Chiefs and lost to a red hot Ravens team. Then, they turned it around. They should have won the Chargers game. Just a choke job. Their statistical splits are better at home vs road as well except the running game because it's almost exactly the same.

3 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

No, Ben plays much worse on the road. 

Looking at the last 2 seasons, Big Ben has certainly performed better at Heinz Field.

2016-
Home PFF Grade: 85.9 (113.6 Passer rating)
Away PFF Grade: 64.9 (81.3 Passer rating)

2017-
Home PFF Grade: 87.0 (98.8 Passer rating)
Away PFF Grade: 79.7 (92.3 Passer rating)

I don't have home/away PFF grades for 2018 but here are his stats.

Ben Home 66.12%, 1842, 16/4, 104.0 rating, 5 sacks

Ben Road 65.82, 2103, 10/9, 87.3 rating, 12 sacks. 

Despite the Steelers struggles at home this season, they started out 1-2-1. They were a team with a lot of turmoil stemming from the Bell situation mainly. They tied the browns in Cleveland, got handled by the Chiefs and lost to a red hot Ravens team. Then, they turned it around. They should have won the Chargers game. Just a choke job. Their statistical splits are better at home vs road as well except the running game because it's almost exactly the same.

Crazy to think how much research you did to end up agreeing with someone over misreading a comment lol.

17 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

And you wanna be my latex salesman ?

Skip google, use this link. Works every single time
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/index.htm

They also have Franchise Encyclopedia so you can look at any year going wayyyyy back....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/

Archived