What Team You Do/Dont Want Your Team To Face In The Playoffs?

stl4life07

Rams fan

Don't want to play : Seattle. It's tough to beat a team twice let alone three times. When was the last time someone did that?

Want to play: Vikings? Cousins is bad in big games. I do fear their defense more then most, but you can only beat the Rams by outscoring them, and I can't see Cousins doing that.

2 minutes ago, RedRams said:

Rams fan

Don't want to play : Seattle. It's tough to beat a team twice let alone three times. When was the last time someone did that?

The Saints just did it last year with Carolina.  And if we’re being honest, teams are successful more often than not going against a team they’ve already beaten twice for the 3rd time in the postseason (14-7)

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

The Saints just did it last year with Carolina.  And if we’re being honest, teams are successful more often than not going against a team they’ve already beaten twice for the 3rd time in the postseason (14-7)

**** shows what I know lol.

Thanks for looking that up man.

1 minute ago, RedRams said:

**** shows what I know lol.

Thanks for looking that up man.

Lol, I do get the concept of what you’re saying though.  Seattle I think would be one of the toughest matchups for the Rams in the NFC given their recent peak, as would New Orleans (although I think the rematch would go differently if the Saints had to go on the road this time around)

52 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

What is the record of playoff teams who lost once earlier in the year to their opponent? 

Maybe in the last 10-15 years 

Do:

I want my Rams to face the Cowboys. That would mean the Cowboys make the playoffs and win a playoff game. By doing so, the Cowboys fans and the media will pump them up so much that they will start to talk even more about the Cowboys going to the Superbowl. I will hear about how if the Cowboys stopped the Saints, they will do the same thing to the Rams. We all know how that movie is going to end. When people start to expect things from the Cowboys because of a little bit of success, they find a way to break your heart. The only difference is the the Rams are going to take it more than the Cowboys just giving the game away. Gurley said last season that the Rams were going to whip up on the Cowboys and they did and if they meet again this season it wont be any different.

In regards to the original poster.

Do:

I want my Cowboys to face the Rams. That would mean the Rams make the playoffs and wait a playoff game. By doing so, the Rams fans and the media will pump them up so much that they will start to talk even more about the Rams going to the Superbowl. I will hear about how if the Cowboys stopped the Saints, they will do the same thing to the Rams. We all know how that movie is going to end. When people start to expect things from the Cowboys because of a little bit of success, they find a way to break Ram fans hearts. The only difference is the the Cowboys are going to take it more than the Rams just giving the game away. Lawrence said “You hit a [expletive] in the mouth and they’re not doing what they’re regularly doing, putting up 50 points, they start to get a little distressed. Now, you got them where you want them at and then you choke their *** out. We got to do what we’ve got to do. This is life or death right here. Especially for me, because it means too much.”

Don't:

Ehhh maybe the Saints again.

59 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Lol, I do get the concept of what you’re saying though.  Seattle I think would be one of the toughest matchups for the Rams in the NFC given their recent peak, as would New Orleans (although I think the rematch would go differently if the Saints had to go on the road this time around)

Not to metion Talib being back which means Peters isn't running around trying to cover Thomas.

14 minutes ago, El ramster said:

We ain’t scared of anyone. LOl at Seattle. 

3-1 last 4 games. Smacked them sea chickens around. 

Interesting stat of the day: The point differential in those games is Seattle +4. Rams have beat them by 6, 2, and 5. The Rams have been winning, but Seattle always plays them tough. I wouldn't want my team to have to beat them three times in one season. 

Since the odds of the Colts making the playoffs haven’t been completely obliterated I will say that I don’t care who the Colts play in the playoffs because making it there is the accomplishment and I think some teams will be afraid to play the Colts. But knowing the Colts luck they end up against a really good defense in round one and get the treatment that Jacksonville just handed them. 

5 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Interesting stat of the day: The point differential in those games is Seattle +4. Rams have beat them by 6, 2, and 5. The Rams have been winning, but Seattle always plays them tough. I wouldn't want my team to have to beat them three times in one season. 

Add the other game bozo. 42-7. Leaving out the fire. 

2 hours ago, RedRams said:

Rams fan

Want to play: Vikings? Cousins is bad in big games. I do fear their defense more then most, but you can only beat the Rams by outscoring them, and I can't see Cousins doing that.

2004 the Rams beat the Seahawks three times. 

I would prefer to play Seattle or Dallas.

Seahawks have played the Rams close, but there is just no way they would beat us IMO. Especially after them destroying us in the run game, I don't see them having as much success a third time.

Also in two games, their defense couldn't stop us.

I would prefer to not play the Saints for obvious reasons. Less obvious, I would rather not play the Vikings again. Their defense turned it waaaaaaay up after we beat them in week 4, and while I would be confident the Rams would win, visions of last season would still be in my head. Cousins can also get hot and has the weapons on offense to put up points.

Archived