NFL Week 14 GDT

Chargers

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

How many QB's have been able to consistently run like Lamarr does without getting hurt?

It's too early to really know where he settles in with regards to running the football. In his three starts, his average rushers per game is 18, which is pretty much unprecedented in the modern NFL (to put in into perspective, Cam Newtons' average attempts over his career is less than 8 per game. His highest in a season is 8.7, last year). Kaep averaged fewer than 6 rushes per game for his career (one season over that amount). Vick never averaged more than 8 per game while in Atlanta, and hit that mark only one time afterward. 

Could he hold up if he settles in between 6-8? Possibly. Would I prefer him to be built more like Newton if he were going to do that? Absolutely. But doesn't mean he couldn't hold up if he were smart about it. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's too early to really know where he settles in with regards to running the football. In his three starts, his average rushers per game is 18, which is pretty much unprecedented in the modern NFL (to put in into perspective, Cam Newtons' average attempts over his career is less than 8 per game. His highest in a season is 8.7, last year). Kaep averaged fewer than 6 rushes per game for his career (one season over that amount). Vick never averaged more than 8 per game while in Atlanta, and hit that mark only one time afterward. 

Could he hold up if he settles in between 6-8? Possibly. Would I prefer him to be built more like Newton if he were going to do that? Absolutely. But doesn't mean he couldn't hold up if he were smart about it. 

I just ask cause this is the first game I've seen of him and in the couple rushes I saw he wasn't dodging contact.

Just now, Forge said:

I honestly can't believe that Buffalo is probably going to end up with at least 5 wins this season. Given the state of that offense, that's simply amazing. It was historically bad by dvoa for half the season. 

Starting Nate Peterman will do that to you. It's no coincidence that Zay Jones has 6 TD's in the time since Peterman got cut.

Just now, Forge said:

I honestly can't believe that Buffalo is probably going to end up with at least 5 wins this season. Given the state of that offense, that's simply amazing. It was historically bad by dvoa for half the season. 

They may get 7 wins. The schedule is very favorable down the stretch.

Archived